• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does the Tercian can permanently affect the effects of the substances ?

Thrax

Bluelighter
I seen my doctor recently and he prescribed tercian for chronic anxiety, do you think it permanently destroys the effects of the substances ?

Hey @Thrax :)

I'm happy to try to help, though I'm not a psychiatrist or a physician, so everything I can tell you about this drug and how it might effect you is coming from an educated guess. You're not the first person to ever ask this question "will my antipsychotic limiit the effects of my favorite drugs?". It's a common question.

Cyamemazine (Tercian) is an old(er), typical antipsychotic. It is used to treat psychiatric disorders like psychosis, schizophrenia and so on. It also is used to reduce the symptoms of Benzodiazepine withdrawal.

Antipsychotics are often described in terms like "numbing". They numb the senses, emotions etc. It's a sad, sad truth that basically, these drugs are meant to chemically sedate a person inside and out. Some people are only able to exist in this world; in civilized society if they are treated with these drugs. It's not a perfect solution by any stretch, but sometimes you have to try to go with the lesser of two evils. I'm sorry about the diatribe.

The effects of antipsychotics should not be permanent. They can be long-lasting perhaps. I bet someone who has been taking monthly shots of a given antispychotic who suddenly stops would have at least a couple of months of strong, lingering symptoms that might not resolve significantly for 6 months or more, but it's not permanent.

I took two pills of lsd few days ago, the effects was here, so I think 100 mg of tercian cannot permanently affect the visuals and hallucination of psychedelics.