• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does The Taste Of Kratom Vary?

DEADPOOLx23

Bluelighter
I was worried about the horror stories of the taste of kratom that it felt like dirt and was ungodly bitter. I dosed 1.5 teapsoons of red borneo a few minutes ago and although i understand the nasty texture needing to be swished around in your mouth, i didnt get a bitter taste...then again i love sour candy and the taste of chewing oxycodone, so maybe im just strange. The first teaspoon i dumped on my tongue and then washed it down with milk followed by orange juice then the second dose, i filled my mouth partly full of milk and dumped the kratom into that and swallowed that directly down.....super easy.....Im wondering why i even bought 1000 gel caps because i dont see what all the fuss is about....dose it change depending on strain? I also have red bali that i havent tried yet so i cant comment.....does the taste vary? Does it just not bother me? Should i worry about quality? (Although i read someone say the better the kratom they had bought the less bitter it was) so i dont know.....any thoughts?

To me it all tastes bitter, nasty, and gritty. I should maybe try it the way you do it. I throw some in a bottle of water filled only about 1/8 to 1/4 full. Shake it up and down. I usually shudder when i am mixing it and try not to let it come back up. I've tried many different kinds and it's all the same to me.

Some strains do taste worse, the water bottle trick ^ is the only way to go. Toss and wash with the powder then liquid made my breath smell terrible.

Kratom doesn't really taste that bitter to me either, but I'm also ok with bitter. It's like strong, unsweetened tea. It just has this nasty "green" aftertaste that I'm not a fan of, and I hate the texture. But yes, the taste can vary for sure. I've had some that was like unsweetened green tea, and some that was repugnant. But after downing San Pedro cactus "juice", no strain of kratom will ever taste that bad to me anymore haha

I've found the best kratom is the crushed or whole leaf type, not the stuff finely ground into powder, and it has a different taste than powder. perhaps because powder is so fine the actives oxidize, giving that nasty taste. grinding whole dried leaves or rough crushed leaves yields a powder that should taste very astringent and fresh. the taste goes great with coffee imo ..