View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does the ketamine experience feel creepy like the DXM experience

AvenaSativa

Bluelighter
DXM is the creepiest experience I've ever had. It just feels so strange. I've taken DMT, LSD, and psilocybin but DXM just makes me feel weird. Everything about it is weird, the name is weird, the fact that you're tripping balls on cough syrup you got at the dollar store for 3 bucks is weird. It makes me feel like I wasn't even alive before I started tripping... Psychedelics make me feel reborn but DXM just makes me feel born... I'm going to avoid this drug, or maybe just take small doses.

Is ketamine something I should also avoid?

If you don't like DXM then chances are you won't like other dissociatives. Especially if it's because you don't like the wierd out-of-body drunkenness/numbness type state.

Low doses of K just make you feel buzzed/fuzzy/euphoric. Higher doses start to get confusing, but not creepy. The K-hole would be the only thing I would say is the closest to being creepy. I personally enjoy it, but I can see how people wouldn't enjoy K-holing, as it takes your complete sense of self and throws it out the window. While in a K-hole, you are no longer a person, you are merely some sort of entity watching a movie unfold behind your eye. You have no concept of today or tomorrow, nothing makes sense, and it can sometimes get weird, but never for more than a few seconds.

I'm not sure, Sekio. I think MXE (never tried Ketamine) is a much easier experience to enjoy than cough syrup. And hell, the first couple times I took DXM I wasn't even sure I enjoyed it.

No. MXE and K lack the creepy lucky feeling that DXM tends to give. I feel like MXE kinda gets that creepy vibe a bit though. It's chill though since I don't feel like shit like when on DXM.

^This is hard to generalize since the effects of DXM vary so much even within the same person and same dosage.
For example back then I had good and terrible trips on 300mg of DXM, and I loved Ketamine but hated MXE and never understood how people enjoyed it.
Dissociatives are strange^^

I can't take dxm, I'm allergic and the last time I took a recommended dose for a cough, I ended up waking up at 4:00am tripping in a very wrong and depersonalized way. It was easily the creepiest experience I've had; however, I have done mxe many times, and I have never had anything I'd call a bad experience. Just my experience, I've never tried K.

To the point you reach Ketamine. Don´t expect much..
A matter of taste and common sense IMO - guys IMO only.
@240sLover; I know you are just going to ignore that, but I will try.. Don´t fall for K.
Not worth..

Ketamine is fucking strange. I'd say it can certainly be pretty creepy, particularly if you have a bit of a predisposition to things being creepy.

Yeah all dissociatives have that "creepy warmth" as I like to call it. DXM probably moreso than others.

I would however disagree with some comments made earlier on in this thread. I never cared for DXM much at all...until I tried ketamine. I now really like DXM and all other dissociatives. I don't think there's any harm in trying small amounts of K. You might like it, who knows? If you don't like it, well hey more for the rest of us, and remember that you're only gonna be out of your mind for an hour (as opposed to the ~8 hour long DXM high)

Ive only tried DXM and MXE, but from my limited experience with each I find that MXE is a much more "upbeat" diss than DXM. Generally with DXM I feel a heavy body load and a lot of confusion, even if im having a great time listening to music and enjoying the splashes of euphoria. With MXE im less sensitive to light, less physically ill (moving around is difficult but actually fun), and feel more in control over the experience, whereas I feel like DXM trips are very unpredictable.

To the point you reach Ketamine. Don´t expect much..
A matter of taste and common sense IMO - guys IMO only.
@240sLover; I know you are just going to ignore that, but I will try.. Don´t fall for K.
Not worth..
I didn't really understand what you were trying to say here, hahah.

I never found dxm creepy. I used to love that shit up until a few years ago. At least with k you're sober in a couple hours if you don't like it.

If you don't like DXM then chances are you won't like other dissociatives. Especially if it's because you don't like the wierd out-of-body drunkenness/numbness type state.
WRONG WRONG WRONG. I can't stand DXM... the diplopia (double-vision) it gives me is godawful, plus it fucks up my motor skills and gives me a fever.
That said I love MXE. I find it very euphoric; it doesn't give me diplopia and it's not nearly as incapacitating as DXM.

I've never been a fan of ket TBH. It's better than DXM but not as good as MXE.

Just because you don't like a particular drug, doesn't mean you won't enjoy others in the same family. I don't like alcohol in large quantities, but I love diazepam and GHB.

WRONG WRONG WRONG. I can't stand DXM... the diplopia (double-vision) it gives me is godawful, plus it fucks up my motor skills and gives me a fever.
That said I love MXE. I find it very euphoric; it doesn't give me diplopia and it's not nearly as incapacitating as DXM.

I've never been a fan of ket TBH. It's better than DXM but not as good as MXE.

Just because you don't like a particular drug, doesn't mean you won't enjoy others in the same family. I don't like alcohol in large quantities, but I love diazepam and GHB.
I didn't like DXM, ketamine, or methoxetamine but I LOVE nitrous. DXM, K, & MXE effect a wide range of receptors theyre not just NDMA antagonists & they each effect a lot of the same sites. For example they're all SRI's, DRI's, mACH antagonists, & sigma agonists, thats just some there's even more similarities. Nitrous on the other hand I think is just a NDMA antagonist (directly, when a receptor is effected a chain reaction occurs), much more clean feeling IMO. Also alcohol effects many receptors & benzos only attach to certain GABAa receptor sites thus feel more "clean". GHB too is more clean feeling since it only binds to the GHB & GABAb receptors.

I did like K & MXE better than DXM but I still didn't enjoy them too much because of the "dirty" feels & "creepy" thoughts. Ketamine is definitely worth trying though. If you're afraid of the creepy feeling DO NOT smoke weed on top of it lol trust me. Just don't dose too low (or too high obviously) if u do it, being halfway high on it feels worse than a full dose IME.

Last edited:
NO, K and mxe do not have the "alien" or weird felling that is very unique to dxm. Its like ....."whoops, i broke something about the fabric of reality" I konw what you mean about dxm....mxe and K have a very different "character" to them