Does Testosterone make you high?

honeywhite

Bluelighter
I'm 20 and have low testosterone, possibly (but I don't think so) exacerbated by chronic low-dose opiate use. I was prescribed Sustanon-250 to replace it and inject one phial into the deltoid every fortnight. Each time I inject, I feel a pronounced sense of euphoria, similar to, but qualitatively different (in the head, rather than in the chest) from, morphine or buprenorphine. I also feel calmness rather than the usual anxiety. This state lasts for about sixteen days.

I don't understand why, though. Does anyone else feel a testosterone (or other steroid) high? Is it even a psychoactive drug?

Sounds to me like you are addicted to the needle.

Testosterone produces no high and isn't a psychoactive drug.

The opiates I used were all ORAL. I don't think I'm addicted to anything, because there was one study that said men in andropause felt better when given testosterone supplements, but I can't be sure. Oh, here it is: "In some men this may create a sense of euphoria in the period immediately following injection, followed by a rapid return of andropause symptoms as the testosterone level falls before the next dose injection."

Last edited:
It has to be some sort of psychological effect. Testosterone injection are intramuscular causing and the esters in Sustanon aren't immediate acting. Aside from that they don't bind to any receptors in the brain associated with drug induced euphoria.

of course synthetic male sex hormones are aphrodisiac-like & have a degree of addition/abuse potential

That's another thing. My sex life has improved 100%, and for a professional horndog to be saying that, that means something. It takes a few hours for the euphoria state to develop, but once established, it lasts past my next injection date.

you will prob feel like a alpha male type high ,more confidence etc ,but as far "high" ,nah ....

Post injection I normally feel a little more energetic. Never quite understood why as even the short esters take around 14 hours to fully kick into the blood stream.

Testosterone, mentally, does cause the user to be more confrontational and competitive rather than shy and evasive. This is due to a chemical balance of testosterone being higher than cortisol. Heightened dopamine levels also cause the user to be more aggressive.

Whereas low testosterone, high cortisol and low dopamine can and most likely would lead a person to be depressed, shy and anxious.

I'm 20 and have low testosterone, possibly (but I don't think so) exacerbated by chronic low-dose opiate use. I was prescribed Sustanon-250 to replace it and inject one phial into the deltoid every fortnight. Each time I inject, I feel a pronounced sense of euphoria, similar to, but qualitatively different (in the head, rather than in the chest) from, morphine or buprenorphine. I also feel calmness rather than the usual anxiety. This state lasts for about sixteen days.

I don't understand why, though. Does anyone else feel a testosterone (or other steroid) high? Is it even a psychoactive drug?

placebo effect. you even sound like the type that would receive such an effect.

testosterone isn't psychoactive at all, if anything it just makes you angry at higher doses, and boosts confidence.

placebo effect. you even sound like the type that would receive such an effect.

testosterone isn't psychoactive at all, if anything it just makes you angry at higher doses, and boosts confidence.
you sound like the type who posts nonsense - where exactly is the association between testosterone and anger? (estrogen/hormonal imbalance might.... not simply blaming immaturity and the male sex hormone)

you sound like the type who posts nonsense - where exactly is the association between testosterone and anger? (estrogen/hormonal imbalance might.... not simply blaming immaturity and the male sex hormone)

i'm posting my personal experience with it lol, i did get angry, no i didn't do anything stupid or reckless, but i was pretty irritable.

so you don't consider having high levels of testosterone an imbalance? especially if they're synthetic esters?

so you don't consider having high levels of testosterone an imbalance? especially if they're synthetic esters?
Of course, most important factor being the conversion to estrogen - estrogen (at high levels) in men = aggression - just as when men come off steroids/synthetic testosterone and their estrogen is at high ratio (as compared to their recovering androgen levels)...leads to instability, gyno, etc
High testosterone in men with proper usage of AI and SERMs are tools to keep the balance

Of course, most important factor being the conversion to estrogen - estrogen (at high levels) in men = aggression - just as when men come off steroids/synthetic testosterone and their estrogen is at high ratio (as compared to their recovering androgen levels)...leads to instability, gyno, etc
High testosterone in men with proper usage of AI and SERMs are tools to keep the balance

Did you just say that high estrogen = aggression? This stuff should be obvious to a child - androgens = aggressiveness and sterotypical male/dopaminergic behavior. Have you ever used steroids? Please take some tren/halotestin/cheque drops and then say that androgens dont cause aggression/irritability. Of course Sustanon-250 E2W should not cause any of this. Kind of fucked up that a 20 yr old is taking this for non bb purposes actually.

If high estrogen levels equated to aggressive behavior, guys would be injecting estrogen before fights instead of injecting TNE.

Testosterone interactions causing euphoria. Haven't felt this for years.

I am always on some type of opiod or pod tea and never feel euphoria any more, just stay well and out of pain. I just slapped on an androderm patch 4mg/day and about a half hour later I am as euphoric as I have ever been. I got online to research it an found this on Euphoria when taken with these other drugs. http://www.ehealthme.com/sa/2808229/euphoric+mood . There apparently, two males, from 40 to 50 who actually reported euphoric mood as a side effect with these combos. I'm male and 41 so it fits perfectly. In case the link doesn't post basically it is euphoria being reported when testosterone patch is mixed with either, flexeril, Tenormin, morphine inj, or duragesic patch. I know. you would expect to get high on the last two but after a while it just doesn't happen any more. This testosterone patch is really doing the job. I think it's time to pop a little morphine in there to see where I get for sure:).

Last edited:
That's another thing. My sex life has improved 100%, and for a professional horndog to be saying that, that means something. It takes a few hours for the euphoria state to develop, but once established, it lasts past my next injection date.

It probably seems like a huge deal, as you are so used to having low test, that the difference is drastic and can almost seem like a high.

Testosterone is not DIRECTLY pyscho active.

I am always on some type of opiod or pod tea and never feel euphoria any more, just stay well and out of pain. I just slapped on an androderm patch 4mg/day and about a half hour later I am as euphoric as I have ever been. I got online to research it an found this on Euphoria when taken with these other drugs. http://www.ehealthme.com/sa/2808229/euphoric+mood . There apparently, two males, from 40 to 50 who actually reported euphoric mood as a side effect with these combos. I'm male and 41 so it fits perfectly. In case the link doesn't post basically it is euphoria being reported when testosterone patch is mixed with either, flexeril, Tenormin, morphine inj, or duragesic patch. I know. you would expect to get high on the last two but after a while it just doesn't happen any more. This testosterone patch is really doing the job. I think it's time to pop a little morphine in there to see where I get for sure:).

Absolute bullshit. Testosterone will not potentate narcotics. I never heard such a degree of fuckery before.

One word for you; Placebo.

It's a powerful thing.

Dunno about the stuff used to pump yourself up but dexamethasone had me awake and wired till 4 am after taking it at 5pm the night before. I was taking 1 and 1/2 tablets so 6 mg. Stuff is used for cancer patients, COPD, bad lung infection (pertussis yay!) and generally it's a fairly potent oral steroid. 0 euphoria just fucking awake. The stuff activates your adrenal cortex like stimulants so sleeplessness/feeling wired is a common side effect. You won't feel like you've just won lotto or blown your load in the face of two fine females (if your a guy) but you will have A: increased appetite B: fucking hard time sleeping. Knew a guy prescribed dex-amphetamine and dexamethazone and if he forgot one of them or mixed his dose up he'd go fucking nuts! Note: Guy was prescribed the speed for some mental issue and the steroids were to help him breath. Maybe the combination in the wrong amounts gave him a psychotic episode but that is just one guy and I know no one else on this medication regime.

Edit: I've come across BB's who were in full roid rage. One guy approached me and two mates asking if we were skateboarders and if we were he was going to "bash us". We were wearing board shorts my mates both had thongs and surf T shirts and we were about 5 meters from a pub?? Anyway I was super helpful and told him were the skaters I knew hung out. He was one guy with a death wish, I'd hate to have 7-8 young guys (early 20's) who are full blown skate heads and used to broken limbs etc. turn those planks of wood with two pieces of metal attached into weapons.

Last edited: