• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does taking testosterone at night impact sleep? Should it be avoided at night?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
So my testosterone is two days late because the pharmacy had issues. I am trying to find out if taken at night if it will keep one awake? We know testosterone affects sleep. But it also has a 8 day half life in this formula and onset is slow.With that long of a half life would it really matter if I dosed tonight?

I know it’s not technically a stimulant but it is said to act as a mild stimulant and I wasn’t sure where to put this.

As an injection? At what dose?

When one is accustomed to the effects of exogenous testosterone (at therapeutic doses), it shouldn't have any major impact on sleep. Unless say, it's correcting a severe deficiency, in which case it might improve sleep. Could have some mild stimulating effects in some, especially at the onset of treatment. But it's not going to get wired or cause insomnia. In most cases.

If you are taking it IM then it should initially have little effect. The full effect would be around two plus days, Test can effect people prone to bipolar and this could effect sleep rhythms when a person is driven into hypomania or mania.

If you are taking it IM then it should initially have little effect. The full effect would be around two plus days, Test can effect people prone to bipolar and this could effect sleep rhythms when a person is driven into hypomania or mania.
I guess you are aware I have bipolar by my posts. I do feel like it makes me hypomanic at times. I had full blown mania but am on meds now so I don’t think it’s a major issue for me now.

I fell asleep before these posts so ended up just taking it in the morning but this can be useful for others maybe and good for me to know if it happens again.