• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does sugar help you come down from a k-hole?

Street_Rebel

Greenlighter
I've heard people debating about this recently, even DanceSafe talked about this recently on a FB thread. I remember when I started doing K a few years ago one of my friends told me to have a cup of Sprite or Coke on hand to help me stay "grounded." I gotta say I really feel like this helped. One time at a music fest SWIM had an unpleasant experience and I gave them a Sprite and they felt better. Last summer I felt myself slipping away and the same friend who introduced me to K gave me a Sprite to give grounding effects. I thought for the longest time this was true.

However, I have been hearing that this is actually a myth and they grounding effects are similar to the placebo effect. It doesn't sound like there has been enough research and evidence to support these claims, but from my personal experience it's always worked for me. Thoughts?

Not sure about K.

Sugar helps with a lot of things. Either the combination of your blood sugar dropping and getting it back up. Or sugar seems to release a little dopamine.

Sugar is basically jailhouse medicine for heroin withdrawal.
Sugar is basically medicine for alcohol withdrawal.
Also sugar is helpful when you are very high on heroin and will kind of wake you up a bit.

So I wouldn't discount it helping with a k high.

Not sure about K.

Sugar helps with a lot of things. Either the combination of your blood sugar dropping and getting it back up. Or sugar seems to release a little dopamine.

Sugar is basically jailhouse medicine for heroin withdrawal.
Sugar is basically medicine for alcohol withdrawal.
Also sugar is helpful when you are very high on heroin and will kind of wake you up a bit.

So I wouldn't discount it helping with a k high.
Didn't know it could be used for those withdrawals. that's rather interesting.

This kind of confirms it. Taking K certainly has effect on sugar levels (this is true with just about all drugs).

Although there haven't been any controlled studies on the sugar trick, other studies have shown that ketamine causes blood-sugar levels to spike, possibly because the anesthetic reduces insulin activity. Eating sugar may trigger the release of insulin even while under the drug's effects, preventing high blood sugar levels, which may cause the "edginess" felt by some ketamine consumers.

This is especially interesting since its almost acting in reverse. If your sugar levels are too high and you give yourself more your body will bring it down.

I would also wager lots of this has to do with age and liver functions. Someone young and in their 20's probably has a good liver and their body can handle sugar level balancing very easy. As you age and your liver starts to degrade, keeping your sugar levels intact is a harder thing to do.

Last edited:
Didn't know it could be used for those withdrawals. that's rather interesting.

Yeah, one of the first times I was in jail kicking dope a few of the brothers found out and they were all like....GET THIS WHITE BOY SOME SUGAR!!!! And people were just dropping sugar packets at my cell for days.

And when I got my 1st commissary delivery (had lots of soups and saltine crackers), one guy was like.....thats all wrong man. You need to go all in on candy bars for at least the 1st month. Because...sugar.

Who knows if it was placebo. But did seem to help a bunch. Took the edge off at least.

I don't know about sugar, but what is actually very effective is a high dose of l-theanine. Its partial agonist action on NMDA receptors can partially reverse the action of ketamine. 1000mg of l-theanine (sublingually is best) will sober you up very fast. I discovered it when i took too high a dose of 2f-dck and it became weird and dysphoric, so I thought, "I wonder if a giant dose of l-theanine will work to reverse this 🤔". Within 20 minutes I noticed a near complete reversal of the cognitive effects. Some of the wonkiness and physical effects remained however. I tried it a few more times and it did the same.

Not sure why one would want to reverse the effects of going into a hole 🤔
You'll be begging gram lines to get you there once you grow some tolerance.
Just tough up and take it like a champ, you can learn alot in there, plus it doesn't last very long anyway 👍

The only 1 sure fire way I've found to keep you away from the hole is amphetamines haha, match made in heaven those 2.

Yea the sugar thing has been around since I first started using it, Dancesafe crew was where I heard it as well...

I only tried it once, and placebo or not it did help.

-GC

Yea the sugar thing has been around since I first started using it, Dancesafe crew was where I heard it as well...

I only tried it once, and placebo or not it did help.

-GC
And here I am looking for stuff to HELP me get into the hole 🤣🤣

My general recipe for anything bad, be it comedown, tripping balls

around 250mg of sugar and citric acid, mixed in with water.
Helps with comedowns, tripping too hard, headaches, aches in arms, legs, neck, feeling sick, whatever.

I imagine it has some effect on how you feel. Your blood sugar is a pretty vital statistic in terms of how it effects our physical and mental health, but I don't think a sweet snack is enough to rescue someone from a powerful drug experience. I really don't know though. Ketamine is not my forte.

Really not trying to be a smartass here. But you just described kool-aid. Are you saying kool-aid has the capacity to out perform things like tylenol or ibuprofen when it comes to alleviating the list of ailments posted here??

I used to use benzos to comedown from ketamine quickly. I had access to injection solution of both ketamine, diazepam, and midazolam at the time. I found out accidentally that injecting diazepam under the influence of ketamine caused me to comedown very rapidly from the K.

So I suggest keeping a benzo onhand if you need to comedown.