• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Does suboxone relieve pain?

Meth novice 79

Bluelighter
Hey guys, stupid question time if someone can advise the idiot in the house.

I rolled both my ankles 2 days ago in a fall, haven’t been to hospital yet as I was hoping there was no real damage.
It’s gotten loads worse over time though not better so I’ll be heading to the hospital for an X-ray shortly.

A friend left me an 8mg suboxone film, will it be of any use pain relief wise? How much of it should I take at a time given I don’t often use opiates? And if I need surgery should I inform the doctor that I’ve taken it, will it affect anaesthetic?

Yeah, it's actually legit pain medication.
Go with 0.5mg and then do another 0.5mg hour later if it doesn't work. If you do too much you wont die unless you drown in your own puke while sleeping on your back. But you will puke your lungs out.
It might affect other pain madication if they're opioids. Bupe sticks hard to your opioid receptors, even harder than naloxone so you might wanna consider that.

Yes it will just take a small amount (1/8 with no tolerance).

Just don’t tell the hospital cause it’ll keep you from getting the real deal oxys

If you have little to no tolerance like you stated it works awesome for pain relief. My brother had his wisdom teeth removed and the doc didn't give him anything (fucked up i know) so i gave him some bupe and it worked really good at .75-1mg.

Thank you all!!
I used the 1/8 and went fine, it worked a treat!

Hadn’t rolled the ankle at all though, it was a pretty bad spiral fracture so headed into surgery in a day or two for screws.

I had wondered why the 5mg oxy they gave me hasn’t been working though, now I know!
Legends all of you, thanks guys x

Buprenorphine: It changed the landscape of pain management. For endless arthritic pain, this works like a charm! And I am not even a slow metabolizer of bupe. I have taken methadone long-term and SUBOXONE rules! It literally covers the pain just as well, and there is no hassle with doctors and pee tests and the bullshit that came with methadone. That is truly saying something because methadone is the holy grail of painkillers. Or was.

Yeah suboxone is a good pain reliever. I'm surprised the medical community doesnt use it for that purpose more often. It is quite potent by the mg and there are bad side effects on higher doses but I mean you can just prescibe lower doses. physical dependence might be just as strong but I think the risk of addiction is less due to its long duration and less euphoria compared to hydromorphone or other full agonists.

True, true. However, I have not noticed less euphoria, especially around 10 mg it seems exceedingly pleasant and lasts forever.
Haha thats funny because I actually get euphoria from it too. I was kind of just speaking from a general standpoint and figured I was an outlier. Guess I'm not the only one :p

Haha thats funny because I actually get euphoria from it too. I was kind of just speaking from a general standpoint and figured I was an outlier. Guess I'm not the only one :p

When I was on suboxone for a while I learned that even though I was prescribed ~ 20 - 24 mgs/day, it was BY FAR much better(euphoric/enjoyable/financially beneficial) to only use 0.2 - 1 mg at a time... maybe 2 - 4 times a day if needed). I was a very heavy IV heroin addict for many years(and I am an addict again now) so when I got on suboxone I was surprised that I was able to get a small to moderate euphoria from small doses(often IV'd) EVERY day I did it. I guess bc it was such a small dose I didn't develop a tolerance...so I got small rushes/euphoria every day for many months.

*FYI....I was using/IV'ing the pill form of suboxone... NOT the strips. I DO NOT recommend IV'ing the strips(even though it's possible and people do it)... although I guess if you had a micron filter(which you technically should use anytime you IV, I guess it would be just as safe as IV'ing the pills) *

Yeah I just use them as prescribed. 10mg a day, I usually break it into 3 doses but sometimes 2. I never considered snorting it either until a thread here on bluelight just last week. Some people were saying it was more effective and now I'm curious.

Yeah I just use them as prescribed. 10mg a day, I usually break it into 3 doses but sometimes 2. I never considered snorting it either until a thread here on bluelight just last week. Some people were saying it was more effective and now I'm curious.
It's more effective (insuff) in the short term, but all things considered, it is best to just keep your blood levels stable. The reason being, it is a sad thing to even experience the misery of drug addiction when you are taking what stands to be an excellent maint med.

I ended up experimenting with the left over strip in the days after surgery both for pain relief and something to do.

Once mastered, insuff gave me a crazy rush and the pain relief was immediate, they should be using this stuff way more!
The OxyContin the doc prescribed was like an aspirin by comparison.

Then I got greedy, took too much and ended up spending the day vomiting and trying to stay conscious without my head falling off.
After that I stuck with the oxy. I’m clearly not a responsible drug user 😳

Suboxone didn’t help me personally. It’s very common for folks who suffer from pain to use methedone at a low dose. It helps me with pain sometimes but hell who knows maybe I’m in pain because I need the methadone to not be sick!