• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does speed use affect serotonin regeneration?

Ktylove

Greenlighter
Would using a small amount of speed once a week slow one's ability to regenerate serotonin?

I was under the impression that speed (meth and amps) affect dopamine and norepedrine(sp?) And that they don't regulate, release or block.serotonin?

^that.

I used speed daily for three months (done this a few times) and never noticed an increase in serotonin while taking it, nor a decrease after.

"Does speed use affect serotonin regeneration?"
Would using a small amount of speed once a week slow one's ability to regenerate serotonin?

Yes.
Absolutely.

MDA doesn't help, either. Both substances rely on serotonin.

If you are from the Americas or Oceania, with speed you probably mean Methamphetamine Hydrocloride, while if you are from Europe you mean Amphetamine Sulphate.
Both of these amphetamines will release some Serotonine, Methamphetamine more so than regular Amphetamine.
While they will reduce available Serotonine, they will not inhibit the production of this neurotransmitter like MDMA does.

If you are from the Americas or Oceania, with speed you probably mean Methamphetamine Hydrocloride, while if you are from Europe you mean Amphetamine Sulphate.
Both of these amphetamines will release some Serotonine, Methamphetamine more so than regular Amphetamine.
While they will reduce available Serotonine, they will not inhibit the production of this neurotransmitter like MDMA does.
This is interesting, I did not know some regions use the term 'speed' for methamphetamine as well. This is good to know since meth is starting to make an appearance where I live now for the first time and 'speed' has always meant amphetamine here. They have caught a few Mexican cartel members (in Western Europe) in meth labs these last few months, which was unheard of before that. I will keep this in the back of my mind, thank you for posting

Maybe I can not understand what you wrote above (i am little in english), but if you talk about regeneration serotonine, you should do process of upregulation receptors SER. Let's assume that MDMA works on 5-HT2A receptor serotonin and causes downregulation and flushesh SER. So, i think, that we should take antagonist receptors 5-HT2A such as trasodon, mitrazapine, klozapine, olanzapine, kwetiapine, risperidon, hydroxyzine ofc in little dosage. So as to desensitize receptors. No high dosage becouse we dont want neuroleptic effect. Its my private opinion, but i might be wrong.

itthats mean:
Downregulation - reduction of mRNA expression carrying genetic information about a given receptor -> decrease in packing density, and thus also decrease in receptor copy pool -> inhibited conductivity.
Upregulation - increased expression of mRNA carrying genetic information about a given receptor -> increased packing density, and thus also increased receptor copy pool -> increased conductivity.

btw.
The way to complete serotonine in human body its very simple. Take 5-HTP with EGCG (from green tea or suppl). But it's not good way. Or It's not good way for a longtime (destructive for neurotrasmittering). Better make upregulation.