• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Does Soma mess up Benzo Diazepam WD's and recovery?

silver_lining

Bluelighter
I've been using 500mg Soma as a last resort during my benzo withdrawals. Only a few times a week, and mostly at night for sleep/muscle relaxation.

I am hoping someone has knowledge on which gaba recepters soma hits, and if it is hindering my benzo wd recovery?

I believe it effectively acts as an agonist. It probably won't completely reset your wd progress, but because soma withdrawal mimics barbiturates/alcohol, it probably does exacerbate the recovery process.

I'd suggest finding a quality decarboxylated amanita product if you can (muscimol with the ibotenic acid removed). I recently used this with great success to avoid a benzo rebound/withdrawal. It will help with withdrawal symptoms and actually heals your GABA system and the receptor rigidity caused by benzo dependence. *Avoid headshop products, some are laced with tryptamines, you want real amanita.

I believe it effectively acts as an agonist. It probably won't completely reset your wd progress, but because soma withdrawal mimics barbiturates/alcohol, it probably does exacerbate the recovery process.
I will keep it far and few between, a last resort when i'm about to reach for the benzo. It really relieves the WD alot, but i don't want to mess up the recovery of my gaba
I'd suggest finding a quality decarboxylated amanita product if you can (muscimol with the ibotenic acid removed). I recently used this with great success to avoid a benzo rebound/withdrawal. It will help with withdrawal symptoms and actually heals your GABA system and the receptor rigidity caused by benzo dependence. *Avoid headshop products, some are laced with tryptamines, you want real amanita.
I've never heard of using Amanita before. What effects does it host?

I've never heard of using Amanita before. What effects does it host?
Muscimol is nearly identical to GABA itself in structure and replaces GABA at the receptor. In terms of effects it is closest to something like ambien (zolpidem). It does not cause dependence or withdrawal, it can actually reverse it while also reducing withdrawal symptoms at the same time.

It helps re-sensitize and heal the receptors in people with benzo dependence. I made a thread going over my experience using it after going on a 2 month benzo binge. https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/am...e-hypnotic-for-benzo-taper-underrated.935552/

Most people think of it as a "psychedelic", which it can be in high doses, but in lower/moderate doses it's basically just a hypnotic.

Muscimol is nearly identical to GABA itself in structure and replaces GABA at the receptor. In terms of effects it is closest to something like ambien (zolpidem). It does not cause dependence or withdrawal, it can actually reverse it while also reducing withdrawal symptoms at the same time.

It helps re-sensitize and heal the receptors in people with benzo dependence. I made a thread going over my experience using it after going on a 2 month benzo binge. https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/am...e-hypnotic-for-benzo-taper-underrated.935552/

Most people think of it as a "psychedelic", which it can be in high doses, but in lower/moderate doses it's basically just a hypnotic.
Interesting! I'd love to try some. Not sure how to google it lol