View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does snorting 2C-B hurt?

DukeOfKings

Greenlighter
I've been researching this for a while and I've come across people saying it doesn't hurt and people saying it was horrible. So how bad is the burn really? Also if it does burn, in your experience is it worth it?

Imagine hot lava going through your sinus for 15mins. That's how bad snorting ANY 2c-x is. :)
Wether it's worth it is up to you. How much pain van you take. Its as bad or worse as sniffing doc. I would imagine it could possibly seriously damage your septum from repeated abuse. The only benefit would be a faster stronger come up and a shorter duration. It's not gonna help with nausea.I don't recommend this to anyone but for 2c's, Try plugging. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, it hurts a bit. I wouldn't do it every day, but it doesn't bother me that much. If you're really interested in a comparison, I'd say it burns about as much as snorting black pepper, and not nearly as much as picking your nose after cutting a habanero. Yes, I've put a lot of stuff in my nose, both on purpose and on accident. %)

Haha alright thanks guys, so snorting it does hurt. Maybe I'll try it some time to see what it's like but I guess I'll hold off today.

It does feel like being punched in the face somewhat for about 10-15mins, but that soon subsides.

I always preferred plugging it though - less needed, faster comeup, reduced GI problems. Win Win. Unless you have an aversion to inserting a syringe into your butt.

It would be unwise to plug something that already burns your nostrils

Yes snorting it almost always hurt like hell for me, but a few times (I've had HCl and HBr salts) especially from pills it was really quite fine. But yeah forget about those few lucky times, I almost always regretted the mule kick and only did it again after forgetting how bad it was, a few times - especially when caustic drip lingering screwed up the trip too long.
While the short onset and intensity aren't that bad themselves to have experienced, it's hardly worth it and you are so much better off just dosing high orally. I recommend against snorting.. Me forgetting was just stupid and stubborn.

I hardly if ever regretted plugging it, but always with enough water to dissolve! Probably don't make a habit of it, but I think I'd rather plug with water solution than destroy my nose so much more. Plugging only gave me kind of a warm feeling iirc - not a particularly pleasant type of warm, more like a mild version of spicy food. Then again spicy food doesn't actually irritate membranes so much, mostly confuses your heat sensitive neurons (though yes when extreme enough they can get so confused that you get a reaction as if actually burnt.

[yaburnt!]

I plugged 2C-E some times and also snorted it, and I can tell you that for me personally, plugging didn't burn at all.

Plugging has no sting whatsoever - whatever the dose - dissolved into 1ml of water you won't feel anything.

Common misconception.

I personally think the trip from snorting 2C-Xs (and most psychedelics) is inferior in quality to oral/plugged/IM trip quality. It comes up much faster, but it's shorter, and more importantly, it's more stimulating and seems to have less mental effect. I feel the experience with the other ROAs is more complete feeling, and also better feeling in the body.

Yeah, plugging doesn't hurt at all or even feel uncomfortable. Just dissolve in 1-3mLs of water (depending on your dose - just want it to not be too concentrated) and you're good.

It fucking kills. Kicking in during searing pain whilst throwing up doesn't help, either.

The last time I snorted it was in a pub. Having to sit there coming up whilst people around were casually eating / drinking and my face felt like it was imploding was pretty lame.

The pain does dissipate, thankfully I don't get nausea from it.

Plugging has no sting whatsoever - whatever the dose - dissolved into 1ml of water you won't feel anything.

Common misconception.

In my experience plugging doesn't hurt as bad as snorting, but it still gives me a burning sensation. Maybe it was too concentrated.

Getting nauseous in a pub seems much more normal than having a ton of mucus trying to put out the chemical fire on your membranes. Feels pretty damn unhealthy.

The hot burn-y sensation from booty bumping things like 2C-B and 2C-C always felt manageable but if making a habit of things, having asshole problems seems even more lame than nose problems.

I thought urgency to take a shit is much less manageable, until you learn that it must be lukewarm water to camouflage the trespassing tripping liquid in your rectum. Surely it's possible to add something to a plugging solution that would moderate the exposure of the liquid, like binders/fillers in pills also kind of do - but you sacrifice absorption that way...

The first time I snorted 2c-b, a bluelighter (who hasn't posted here in years), told me that 17mg was an ideal nasal dose.

Well fuck me did I learn he was wrong the hard way.

I was at a rave in a cottage in the middle of nowhere and had the lines racked up on a table. My friend went first, recoiled in pain/horror, sort of looked around and went "fuck me, I think it's kicking in already. I'm going to the toilet" and ran off.

I just remember kind of merrily reciting whatever I'd read on here/erowid along the lines of "oh don't worry, it should take about five minutes before you feel any effect" then kneeling down and sniffing mine.

I stood up, recoiled in pain, and when I opened my eyes I could see fractals forming on the floor.

I spent the next few hours in a state of psychedelic soup listening to trance melt. My friend spent it outside sitting against a gravestone.

Ive snorted 2cb a lot (sometimes in doses as high as 70mg)- i like snorting it bcos i find swallowing it underwhelming

It does burn a bit but its not that bad and doesnt cause nausea for me

I would be curious to know how damaging it is to snort it (how frequently can I do it and get away with it - 20 times a year might be ok? any ideas)

The most painful thing to snort is freebase dmt - like snorting 2c x10

Feels like a bee string (Go figure), isn't TOO bad though.

Bumping until I get off is my preferred ROA for 2C-B.

Oh yeah I forgot to say; if you do very small bumps until it kicks in, its nowhere near as bad.