• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does sertraline interact with cannabis?

Greenonion76

Greenlighter
I'm being prescribed sertraline as a first-line treatment for anxiety about death/afterlife, how others perceive me and when I will move out. Does it interact with cannabis? Will I still be allowed to smoke?

This could be an age dependent thing here, if you are a younger user then it can entirely interact and you can have a bad time as in it can increase the risk of mania or a manic episode as well as hallucinations or other thoughts that might not be the norm,
Where as if you are older in life its less likely to have this effect combined providing you are using within what you are used to and not excessively

But yes SSRI's such as Sertraline and any other psychoactive medications can for sure have some kind of impact or effect when used in combination with cannabis

I'm being prescribed sertraline as a first-line treatment for anxiety about death/afterlife, how others perceive me and when I will move out. Does it interact with cannabis? Will I still be allowed to smoke?
Nope, I've been on sertraline and weed at the same time, I moreso didn't notice a change in myself on sertraline, and had better luck with escitalopram but at the same time none of the medicines had an interaction with cannabis that was note-able

-Baphomet
:vampire: :vampire: :vampire:

I was in depression once and to be honest I was too much addicted of smoking but I felt like it was just an excuse to had it:rolleyes:

This could be an age dependent thing here, if you are a younger user then it can entirely interact and you can have a bad time as in it can increase the risk of mania or a manic episode as well as hallucinations or other thoughts that might not be the norm,
Where as if you are older in life its less likely to have this effect combined providing you are using within what you are used to and not excessively

But yes SSRI's such as Sertraline and any other psychoactive medications can for sure have some kind of impact or effect when used in combination with cannabis

I'll very much second this; when I was a teenager, way back when before they knew better than to give SSRI's to teenagers, I was on the max dose of sertraline and abusing cannabis, and the cumulative result was an extreme exacerbation of major depressive disorder symptoms and even the presentation of mild psychosis with auditory hallucinations. SSRI's can be tricky regardless of age, proceed with caution, my non-medical opinion. 🙂