• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

does quitting MJ kill sex drive?

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
If you smoked weed for 10 years straight everyday. Then stopped, is it likely to kill your sex drive?

I'm looking for an explanation as to why this happened to me, and it seemed to coincide with my quitting weed. I stopped about 5 months ago....and Its really strange but I have no sex drive anymore. I've been with a girlfriend for a year....before and after quitting. And I don't have a desire to do it with her anymore (though I'm still physically attracted and in love) I don't desire other attrictive women either and wouldn't pursue or follow through with someone different either. I don't think its about the girl. something is wrong with me.

I am 30 years old. I gained a good amount of weight since quitting also. (i was skinny before, normal looking now) I just wondering if there is a correlation between being a longtime regular pot smoker sex drive and quitting.

Some people claim marijuana use in and of itself lowered or killed their sex drive. Others claim the opposite.

I don't know why it happens but there definitely seems to be some correlation.

Google Search: Quitting Marijuana and Losing Sex Drive

I would link some of ^^those results^^ directly, but they're nearly all anecdotal so it seems kind of pointless. You can rest assured, though, that, whatever the cause, you're not alone with this one.