Mental Health Does Prozac help treat musical anhedonia?

bintuae

Greenlighter
I'm a social anxiety sufferer. I've been on Paxil for 6 years. I quit it Sept last year and have experienced the hellish excruciating PAWS. One of its symptoms is anhedonia which means loss of interest in pleasurable activities such as, hobbies, work, music, sex, friends. I stayed clean until maybe April this year when I finally realized I won't be able to recover as quickly as I thought, I decided to go back on meds. so took Lamictal (lessen anhedonia about 10 or 20 percent), Trintellix (2 months severe anhednoia), Pristiq (one month very severe anhedonia).
I'm now taking Prozac only (today is the second day). I feel it worked from day one. I find myself motivated and really wanting to work, learn to drive again. Since music is important to me, I'm worried the disinterest won't go away. If it didn't, I may kill myself. I really have never ever felt or known there's sth called anhedonia. I'm so angry for what has happened to me. Anyone have been in the same situation?​

I have no medication history to blame it on but I had a terrible experience that separated me from a lifelong art career. It is definitely an uncertain and uncomfortable place to be. Most artists feel that their essential core is the artist--everything else just sits on the surface. So losing the connection to your essential or authentic self is a huge loss. The way I am trying to look at it is by imagining myself floating rather than struggling in water. The water (life, creation) is always the same whether you float in it or struggle with it but your relationship to it can be vastly different and produce a vastly different result. Try to relax into the present and do not worry about whether or not your passion for music will return. Let it return differently, organically, in a new way. For me, I discovered that while I love to create I hate the world of selling and producing with that goal in mind. Since I let go of that, I lack motivation to produce but I feel the stirring in me of a more playful, exploratory approach. So for now, I'm trying to just be a kid with it again. Maybe that could work for you?