European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Does Pregabalin Block Stimulants?

BritishLad

Bluelighter
I have read that pregabalin stops the release of dopamine, but having taken 3-FPM I can say it doesn't stop the dopamine release. The 3-FPM left me with anxiety so perhaps it does, but I would've though it would stopped it completly and perhaps the 3-FPM was a bad batch.
Any thoughts?

pregbalin does not stop the release of dopamine, its a calcium channel blocker. it won't interact with 3-fpm. 3-fpm is a dopamine / noradrenaline releaser so naturally it might cause anxiety.

No major effect on dopamine IME but it does seem to affect serotonergic drugs like LSD & MDMA.

Last edited:
Reading the possible side effects/contraindications leaflet on a box of pregabalin is like reading war and peace....

I've never seen any medicine like it for list of side effects....

its a calcium channel blocker.
Sorry to be pedantic, but it's a calcium channel modulator, which is not the same thing.

I've never found pregabalin has much of an effect on stimulants, personally. Try it and see.

The most common mistake about pregbalin is when people call it a "gabbagenic" when it isnt....

Although, pregabalin is an analogue of GABA, it does not bind directly to GABAA, GABAB, or benzodiazepine receptors.

It is as treacle says an ion channel modulator (among other things)

Reading the possible side effects/contraindications leaflet on a box of pregabalin is like reading war and peace....

I've never seen any medicine like it for list of side effects....
Warfarin springs to mind..

And Tramadol is another one. Horrible shit in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah trams are nasty....

They've only just been made a CD over here...docs used to hand them out like sweets before....

And Tramadol is another one. Horrible shit in my opinion.

FACT!

Prega's don't do it for me but I do recall becoming stupidly wasted when I combined 'em with ketamine one time whilst I was trying to find out why anybody bothered with 'em recreationally. Can't say it was worth doing again but it was at least entertaining. Never managed to fall on my arse whilst already sat on my arse before but somehow seemed to manage it repeatedly on that combo. Certainly felt that way anyway.

The inability to walk in a straight line when having taken a large dose of pregab is legendary and while it does tend to diminish after a few days it's one of the reasons I could never get away with being prescribed it. That and the horrible brain fog it creates. To me the "high" it produced was just really unpleasant and seemed to last for ages. I'd often take my 300mg dose at around 9pm before bed on days off and wake up at 7am the next morning still cabbaged from it. Also while some swear by its ability to help opiate WDs i always found this to be overrated. It was some help in conjunction with clonidine and diazepam but not much. I think that probably stemmed more from the fact that very few things are helpful for high dose methadone WDs and perhaps it's more use when WDing from a weaker opiate....YMMV etc.etc....

Yeah trams are nasty....

They've only just been made a CD over here...docs used to hand them out like sweets before....
So many nasty side effects. I have seen patients totally lose the plot after taking them. They interact with so many drugs its not funny and they are not that good as an analgesic anyway. Always been controlled here. Rarely prescribed in my experience these days.

Ah good we shall we how the 3-FPM is tomorrow, must be the batch. As I was fine with 3-FPM before thanks everyone for clearing that up :) I'm weird with pregabalin to increase my dose I take the increase at night for 8 days, if I take extra during the day I will feel anxiety all day. Seems I'm the only one who gets this, I could never abuse pregabalin cause of this.

Last edited:
Tramadol is Scheduled here and not really scripted much. Too many drug interactions for the low level relief it gives. We might see it more often because of the new CDC Guidelines. Providers are supposed to offer a multiple weak alternatives first.

I find pregaben helpful for radicular pain and invaluable for the rattles but considering my script is for hydrocodone, maybe not a surprise.

Ah good we shall we how the 3-FPM is tomorrow, must be the batch. As I was fine with 3-FPM before thanks everyone for clearing that up :) I'm weird with pregabalin to increase my dose I take the increase at night for 8 days, if I take extra during the day I will feel anxiety all day. Seems I'm the only one who gets this, I could never abuse pregabalin cause of this.

Take pregabalin during the day, I take my last dose around 6pm, because the subjective effects wear off after about 5 hours.

It isn't a great drug for dealing with stimulant induced anxiety, benzos do a far better job - but not taking stimulants (or doing less, less often) is the best way to avoid stimulant anxiety ;)

If you are getting anxiety off 3fpm then could be because you have been doing too much for too long a period and if you aren't careful the anxiety will just get worse and may end up making you a paranoid psychotic.

What dose of 3fpm do you take and how often?

I find 10 -- 20mg of 3fpm is plenty to get me active and doing things around the house / getting work done for a good 6 hours, without any anxiety.

also p.s everyone, remember pregabalin potentiates opiates and other CNS depressants so be careful if you are combining it with those, including alcohol.

Oh I havn't taken it for months and months, the last I used was few days ago less than 500mg I put the anxiety down to a bad batch. I'm prescribed pregabalin to take daily, the anxiety from the 3-FPM was very unusual as I've taken it before and had 0 anxiety. Even when I was taking it I've only ever taken in my life less than 5gs.
I usually take 25mg up the nose, or 10-15mg as a test for a new batch. But getting my 3-FPM of a trusted vendor this time, everyone says where I got it from they found it fine but until I test my trusted vendor I won't know if it's a bad batch or not.

Looks like it's just me, new batch different vendor. Prob cause I am currently tapering off valium so combine that with a stim and you get anxiety. When I was on a full benzo dose I was fine, let's hope when my taper is done 3-FPM is still around (which I doubt it given it's gonna be 5 months tapering).

yeah if you are tapering off diazepam your anxiety levels will already be prone to being easily upset so avoiding stims altogether until successfully finishing the benzo taper is a good idea.

Agreed, when I was on a maintanence dose it was different but because I'm lowering it any form of stimuli upsets my mind and sets of anxiety.

Agreed again, the thought of doing stims whilst on a benzo taper isn't really gonna end well.

I've done it in the past and it just ended up with me taking way more benzos than I should've.

Once you've tapered off them and you can deal with your anxiety without the aid of drugs / learn healthy coping mechanisms, then maybe stims might be enjoyable.

FACT!

Never managed to fall on my arse whilst already sat on my arse before but somehow seemed to manage it repeatedly on that combo. Certainly felt that way anyway.

Hahaha, i had a very similar experience with an early G session. My kitchen is tiny, i had been cooking, i was holding my dinner on a plate and was loosing my balance, obvious common sense dictated not to fall against a scorching oven so i fell backwards against the back door, dropped my dinner all over the floor, as i was so hungry and wasted i just scooped it up and put it back on the plate, and tried to get up once again, only for exactly the same thing to happen all over again.

Specifically regarding Pregabalin and stims the issue might be down to their opposite modes of action, which may make it fell like neither is working.