• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does pot potentiate my antidepressant?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
My pot alongside my antidepressant meds seem more effective than pot alone. Anyone find this also? And can weed potentiate(make stronger) the effects of the SNRI that I am currently taking? Thank you BLs!!

My pot alongside my antidepressant meds seem more effective than pot alone. Anyone find this also? And can weed potentiate(make stronger) the effects of the SNRI that I am currently taking? Thank you BLs!!
Do you mind if I ask you what. I was taking Wellbutrin, didn’t know if it was the same. I’m assuming it’s marijuana’s profound effect on serotonin and dopamine receptors marijuana allowing more to be release and your SNRI preventing it from being recycled.

Currently on low dose Mirtazipine @ 15mg/day. Others put me in the hospital - i found them incompatible w/dialysis. No, haven’t noticed potentiation on any anti depressant I’ve taken. I’m taking Prazosin for ptsd and the first three days were unreal on pot. Clear open eyed visuals kimda like crawling vines/mushrooms. sadly even though I’m still taking Prazosin, no enhamcement.

My psych does warn me about the potential for interactions.

Tom

Currently on low dose Mirtazipine @ 15mg/day. Others put me in the hospital - i found them incompatible w/dialysis. No, haven’t noticed potentiation on any anti depressant I’ve taken. I’m taking Prazosin for ptsd and the first three days were unreal on pot. Clear open eyed visuals kimda like crawling vines/mushrooms. sadly even though I’m still taking Prazosin, no enhamcement.

My psych does warn me about the potential for interactions.

Tom
Yeah people underestimate marijuana Do some research into minor psychedelics. Those with low bdnf it would make sense the effects would be more pronounced when the connections are established I’m assuming had you of/ would probably have gnarly psychedelic experience

Do you mind if I ask you what. I was taking Wellbutrin, didn’t know if it was the same. I’m assuming it’s marijuana’s profound effect on serotonin and dopamine receptors marijuana allowing more to be release and your SNRI preventing it from being recycled.
I’m on Veneflaxine 225mg/day

Cannabis absolutely potentiates antidepressants. Cannabis itself is a minor AD. I used to be prescribed 45mg mirtzapine and I always felt fantastic the day after smoking

Ca we have a non-vilified free-of-multi-intoxication corner - PLEASE.