• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Does oral amphetamine have a different pharmacological profile?

Lendy

Bluelighter
I've noticed that oral amphetamine feels different than parenteral ROA. It is more relaxing euphoria, much more empathy and pleasant goosebumps all over the skin. I used to take 5-htp and l-tyrosine, so I can imagine what serotonin/dopamine feels like. My guess is that ingested amphetamine can be oxidized by gastric juices, which changes its pharmacological profile. People taking antiacids before taking amphetamines reported less euphoria and more side effects, which partly confirms the above. The second option is first-pass metabolism, in which part of the amphetamine is metabolized immediately, and not over time. What do you guys say?

The pharmacodynamics remain the same but the pharmacokinetics are very different, which greatly influences how the drug "feels". This is especially noticeable with amphetamine, with oral administration smoothing out the rough edges. Amphetamine is multifold more adrenergic than it is dopaminergic, so oral administration softens it abit due to a more gradual rise in blood levels.

The pharmacodynamics remain the same but the pharmacokinetics are very different, which greatly influences how the drug "feels". This is especially noticeable with amphetamine, with oral administration smoothing out the rough edges. Amphetamine is multifold more adrenergic than it is dopaminergic, so oral administration softens it abit due to a more gradual rise in blood levels.
Then why, when combining oral and parenteral, do I feel the effects of both ROA at the same time? Unless passing through the liver, levoamphetamine does not pass through the BBB, but acts exclusively in the PNS

Picture taking a shower where you go from off to max hot (some other route) vs taking a shower starting at room temperature slowly reaching max hot over many minutes (instant release orally) or over many hours (XR orally)

Now picture me spraying you with the same max temp water via a fire hose with absolutely no warning (some other route)

Even if you eventually reach the same max hot temperature it's going to feel very different. Even if the max temperatures are equal they might even seem different temperatures

Nothing changes the pharmacological mechanisms of a drug, but dosage does play a major factor in how... intensely if that a fitting word a which these actions will occur. How toxic a compound is greatly dependent on how much and how frequently you are using it.

I've noticed that oral amphetamine feels different than parenteral ROA. It is more relaxing euphoria, much more empathy and pleasant goosebumps all over the skin. I used to take 5-htp and l-tyrosine, so I can imagine what serotonin/dopamine feels like. My guess is that ingested amphetamine can be oxidized by gastric juices, which changes its pharmacological profile. People taking antiacids before taking amphetamines reported less euphoria and more side effects, which partly confirms the above. The second option is first-pass metabolism, in which part of the amphetamine is metabolized immediately, and not over time. What do you guys say?
If you really want to enjoy it, crush it up. A little bit of water. Get a baby medicine syringe. Put a little bit of lube in your ass. Make sure you took a good s*** and there's nothing in there and squirt that up your butt.