• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does noopept kill the effects of ketamine?

dude_87

Greenlighter
Many users report that piracetam kills the effects of ketamine, but boosts the effects of MDMA. Noopept is marketed as being 1000x stronger than piracetam, although its technically not part of the racetam family. Many users report that noopept significantly boosts the effects of MDMA, but I have found no information on its effect on ketamine. Does anyone know if noopept decreases the effects of ketamine?
tl;dr does noopept decrease the effects of ketamine?

Noopept decreases the effects of all dissociatives as far as I know, yes.

Check on what kind of action the (nootropic) drug has, most are ampakines and ampaR being a type of glutamatergic receptor, probably counters the dissociative effects of NMDA antagonism, NMDAR also being glutamatergic.

So for example we should also expect sunifiram to counter dissociatives as it is yet another class of chemical but also an ampakine.

Darn. Thanks for the info! Are there any supplements that increase the dissociative effects of ketamine?

I do not think that it would kill the trip, I think it would make the trip appear less dissociative, when ketamine binds to NMDA it binds to the glycine site and do nothing, preventing glycine to bind and do what it does. For NMDA receptors to open, it needs 1 glycine, 1 glutamine and for the neuron to have a certain level of action potential.

What noopept does in this regard, is to activate AMPA receptors which raises the action potential so when there is glycine and glutamine it is easier for the NMDA receptor to fire, altho if a ketamine molecule is linked to the glycine site it doesn't matter that the action potential is raised because 1 of the 3 things needed is missing.

What I think it does is let your brain activate other cell's NMDA receptor more easily which would reestrablish some of the cognitive abilities that Ketamine would have blocked, but the cells that are blocked are still blocked. It also help acetylcholine system which is also blocked from Ketamine so I think the same effect happens regarding Acetylcholine receptors and NMDA receptors. So the overall effect on neurons is the same but the effect on cognitive abilities might be reduced, altho the ''euphoria'' if there is any and the painkilling abilities are IMO still going to be 100% perceptible.

Altho I think it is quite contradicory to use noopept and Ketamine, since noopept increase cognition and ketamine reduces it. So I do not think it kills the effect but I can't see why to mix them. Well there is the serotonin boost from noopept that can add to the SERT reuptake inhibition of ketamine but I don't think most people use ketamine for a serotoninergic effect so still don't see the point unless you are trying to fight depression in an odd way.

I wonder if theanine has an appreciable interaction..

Very interesting point that a dissociative could still be used therapeutically if used with a nootropic, although I am not sure if I would like to rely on the nootropic to make me function.

Actually I'm not 100% sure if we can say that a nootropic has effect on the anti-depressant potential which doesn't seem that simple or conventional by any means.

Its mechanism of action has been elusive, though enhanced mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling is a major feature. We report a novel signaling pathway wherein NMDA receptor activation stimulates generation of nitric oxide (NO), which S-nitrosylates glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26782056 but no access to the full thing. NMDA receptor activation is involved though, SERT may not be that significant.

The mechanisms underlying the induction of mTOR signaling are unclear, but the requirement for glutamate-AMPA receptor activation is consistent with the hypothesis that there is a subset of NMDA receptors, possibly on GABAergic interneurons, that when activated lead to disinhibition of glutamate signaling

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3116441/

So would perhaps be presumptuous to say we can confidently predict whether an ampakine influences that mechanism positively, or is it me? (Actually, I wouldn't exclude the possibility that it would be synergistic)

A reason to ask about this anyway might be if people have a noopept regimen and wonder if they should take a break from it for taking K.

Last edited:
Darn. Thanks for the info! Are there any supplements that increase the dissociative effects of ketamine?

i have noticed a slight decreese in tolerance after taking noopept for a few days to a week, then not taking it for a day or two and then taking a dissociative. nothing too much but still noticeable. you could try eating/drinking white grapefruit a few hours prior and then during the trip for a longer duration. taking a bit of cough syrup(dxm) can potentate the other dissociatives, even as low as 80-100mg of dxm. taking much more than 100-150mg can qualitatively change the trip

i have noticed a slight decreese in tolerance after taking noopept for a few days to a week, then not taking it for a day or two and then taking a dissociative. nothing too much but still noticeable. you could try eating/drinking white grapefruit a few hours prior and then during the trip for a longer duration. taking a bit of cough syrup(dxm) can potentate the other dissociatives, even as low as 80-100mg of dxm. taking much more than 100-150mg can qualitatively change the trip

Hmm I'll try what you described: taking noopept for a week and then stopping two days before the K. I'll let you know how it goes.