View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does Mushrooms give same trip as DMT

Dmt_Trips

Greenlighter
i was wondering if ive had an terrible, horrific, nasty trip with dmt would mushrooms do the same thing?

It's a complex question...

Short answer: those drugs are similar, but not the same. The question can be reframed as: will *you* have a bad trip? Because it isn't the drug that gave you the terrible, horrific, nasty trip, it is the way your mind at that time reacted to it. And we can't answer if that will happen again with mushrooms, because we aren't you. But I would suggest trying a very small amount of mushrooms to test the waters, like less than 0.5g.

Makes sense.. at the time i thought i was in a good mood.. i just think the dmt entities just hate me or something

Presumably you're talking about smoked DMT? Yeah - smoked DMT and mushrooms are absolutely nothing like each other. Lot longer and gentler comeup so that you can orient yourself to your surroundings.

Mushrooms taken with moclobemide take you to the same place as oral DMT.

Presumably you're talking about smoked DMT? Yeah - smoked DMT and mushrooms are absolutely nothing like each other. Lot longer and gentler comeup so that you can orient yourself to your surroundings.

Mushrooms taken with moclobemide take you to the same place as oral DMT.
I experienced this terrible trip on changa

The type of visuals are very similar, especially high doses of mushrooms, but the highs are very different at the same time. I compare a massive mushroom dosage to the tail end of a smoked dmt trip after you've fallen from hyperspace.
Mushrooms do tend to be more causing of anxiety and it can be easier for panic to set in when compared to say LSD or phenethylamines but you should be fine as long as you have a good mindet going in, are in a comfortable setting, etc.

Short answer - no, they don't. There are similarities, but the trips are very different from one another. Very different. Incidentally, I find 4-AcO-DMT to be very similar to smoked DMT.

The type of visuals are very similar, especially high doses of mushrooms, but the highs are very different at the same time. I compare a massive mushroom dosage to the tail end of a smoked dmt trip after you've fallen from hyperspace.
Mushrooms do tend to be more causing of anxiety and it can be easier for panic to set in when compared to say LSD or phenethylamines but you should be fine as long as you have a good mindet going in, are in a comfortable setting, etc.
see ive never experience a full breakthrough on dmt.. the first couple of times i was close and i could tell it would be good but now everytime i smoke dmt everything about it is wrong.. the visuals, taste, body high just feel evil and nasty

I haven't been able to break through either but I don't feel like it's evil or nasty feeling. I always get blocked by either a wall of voices speaking in tongues or this certain line of reflexive thought that distracts me or something.

I haven't been able to break through either but I don't feel like it's evil or nasty feeling. I always get blocked by either a wall of voices speaking in tongues or this certain line of reflexive thought that distracts me or something.
yeah i dont understand why it happens to me.. my last trip scared the shit out of me it was so creepy and i felt like demons were torturing me or something, i dont really know

I do have to say that although DMT is a lot more intense, I often find mushrooms to have a bit of a darker tone. Smoked DMT is usually very light for me. Sometimes strong intensity can trigger panic which can color your experience dark. It's hard to say. I have had the best trip of my life on mushrooms and a lot of really happy, beautiful trips. But mushrooms are very wild emotionally, and they last a lot longer.

If you do mushrooms I strongly recommend doing them outside during the day.

I smoked DMT for the first time last night and it felt more like a really intense muchroom trip with grids on stuff and things breathing and moving. but I couldnt break through no matter how many hit in a row I took.

I smoked it out of a glass bowl that got really hot on top of some weed and put maybe .2 on it, did I fuck up? there were no entities, my room just looked really cool and my body was buzzing a lil bit

Im thinking about possibly IVing this little bit I have left because I paid good money and I want to breakthrough.

do you think I just smoked it wrong and could possibly break through with a different technique? or should I bust out a rig and if so how would I prepare it?

someone must know?

Im thinking about possibly IVing this little bit I have left because I paid good money and I want to breakthrough.

You shouldn't be smoking IV'able DMT and you can't IV the DMT base...be careful or you'll end up in a bad way...like you'll breakthrough, but find out after you're there that you bought a one way ticket.

lol that cant happen and if so it actually sounds better than my joke called life at the moment, anyone know the prep work involved?

would I have to clean my dmt first?

if you have less than 250-300mg it's not gonna be worth doing anyway...you always incur losses going from salt to base and vice versa.
If you still have plenty left then google FASA or FASI...those are teks.

You did .2 and didn't break through?! You must have burnt it. I've broken through on 30mg (.03) put in a new Ecig clearomizer (coil in ceramic nail) melted it into the coil and vaped it all. Held it in for ~20 seconds. And don't remember anything besides feeling paralyzed and then coming back which felt like seconds but friend said it was a few minutes. It's better than a vapor genie or sandwich method. And is cheaper

I dunno about DMT, but 5-MEO-DMT (the toad you can lick to get high) bassically rather similar to DMT but more potent by the mg, my favourite ROA (despite the burn) is intranasal, a strong dose of 5-MEO-DMT whilst allready on 4-HO-MET or 2C-E and i will usually breackthrough in a far more pleasant way than vaped DMT (intranasal has a smooth come-up, before you slip gently into space) vaped is chaotic, easy to breackthrough but all happens too fast to really experience and integrate the trip.

Whether intranasal applies to DMT as it does to 5-MEO-DMT i don(t know tbh)

Oral 4-ACO-DMT is extremely similar to a mushroom trip, but more "stable" IME, no nausea, less prone to anxiety or bad trips again IME... But never vaped it, or "broke through"

Last edited:
Personally, I find DMT to be very psychologically safe and predictable. For me some of the feelings and visuals with a really good mushroom trip can very similar to DMT, but DMT is more consistently euphoric, pure, smooth, clean, and spiritual. In my experience mushrooms trips always go from bad to good (same with Ayahuasca) and LSD is either intensely good (99.9% percent of the time) or a living hell. DMT comes on so fast that it is impossible to fight or overthink. Bad experiences come from resistance. LSD didn't quite get me to the other side so I had a lot of unresolved issues and trepidation being stuck in the doorway. For me, the time line of DMT is like this: 1-2 seconds "the world is spinning, I think I'm gonna puke"; 10 seconds "oh shit I'm scared, my heart is going way to fast"; 1 second "there's the door, I'm going through"; safe arrival in hyperspace. I have a lot of idiosyncratic responses coming out of it, which are not relevant to this discussion. The DMT peak is a pure state of being, abstract and untouchable by normal thought and concepts. With mushrooms daily concerns can be amplified and ruminated over (social concerns, political concerns, etc.)...in response to your question...My experience leads me to believe that mushrooms can be more difficult than DMT for some people. Mushrooms may give you a totally different trip which will set you on a new path, they may help you to resolve issues with the earlier DMT trip, or they may just be a more drawn out (albeit less intense) re-experiencing of your DMT trip.