• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does meth really stimulate brain cell growth?

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
I read some where that meth has candida enzymes and that when your brain consumes it, it stimulates brain cell growth, and that boosts a brain cell that you use to absorb information.

That's how some people get the ability to read a whole book on meth.

Then again that info could be a whole bunch of made up bull shît, but I did have to discuss it with people here.

*Disclaimer* I am talking about the drug called meth/crystal/methempetamine

I am NOT talking about methedone, don't get it confused please

Meth can increase expression of BDNF (a growth factor of sorts that promotes neurogenesis) in certain parts of the brain, but regular use of significant amounts of meth is bad for the brain.

It's quite neurotoxic and will decrease cognition and worsen any exisiting emotional deficits.

The substantial increase in Glutamate activity when Meth is used will be considerably more damaging to neuroplasticity than any neurogenesis effects it may have. If you're going to use Meth it's highly recommended that you use NMDA receptor antagonists to help regulate the activation of these receptors. Calcium Channel Inhibitors will also be beneficial in regulating activity in the amine containing neurons. Your high won't peak as much, but it will last longer and smoothen things out while helping to protect the structural integrity of the glutamatergic and amine containing neurons.

Meth is extremely neurotoxic and this shouldn’t necessarily be entertained with serious discussion on biochemical processes the OP clearly knows little to nothing about.

Don’t try meth. I read more books off meth than on. I read a ton, but using a lot makes you less focused, not more. There is no real safe way to gauge street meth according to some expectation of study.

For neuro-genesis LSD and analogue's and Tryptamine and analogue's seem like the better, and safer option. If you really wanna stimulate neural growth!

Meth is extremely neurotoxic and this shouldn’t necessarily be entertained with serious discussion on biochemical processes the OP clearly knows little to nothing about.

Don’t try meth. I read more books off meth than on. I read a ton, but using a lot makes you less focused, not more. There is no real safe way to gauge street meth according to some expectation of study.
I know I know nothing to little about meth.

But I had to ask this after

I my self gained temporary unexplainable Abilities

Only while on meth.

This one time I tweezed my eyebrows to the perfect shape, and girls in my school wouldn't stop asking if I used make up

Which I am a guy,I couldn't, but they would still hate one it.

And this other time, I tweaked off an online gambling game and gambled $0.20 cents on a bonus that takes hours to get and ended up making $80 profit

Tho I never ever made that profit while sober x_x

I know I know nothing to little about meth.

But I had to ask this after

I my self gained temporary unexplainable Abilities

Only while on meth.

This one time I tweezed my eyebrows to the perfect shape, and girls in my school wouldn't stop asking if I used make up

Which I am a guy,I couldn't, but they would still hate one it.

And this other time, I tweaked off an online gambling game and gambled $0.20 cents on a bonus that takes hours to get and ended up making $80 profit

Tho I never ever made that profit while sober x_x
You were hyper focused on the eyebrows. No special ability involved. Of course guys can tweeze their eyebrows, why the gender stereotype?

The gambling, you got lucky, that's all. It's not possible for crystal meth to change your odds in gambling, except you'll wind up losing way more because you'll obsess over it. There are lots of people who use meth who gamble. You will lose in the long run.

Everything you are describing here screams the onset of stimulant psychosis.

How old are you can I ask?

Meth can increase expression of BDNF (a growth factor of sorts that promotes neurogenesis) in certain parts of the brain, but regular use of significant amounts of meth is bad for the brain.

It's quite neurotoxic and will decrease cognition and worsen any existing emotional deficits.
I beg to differ, but you're the Dr.

rv1ikIk.jpeg

IBT5rKx.png

Last edited:
You were hyper focused on the eyebrows. No special ability involved. Of course guys can tweeze their eyebrows, why the gender stereotype?

The gambling, you got lucky, that's all. It's not possible for crystal meth to change your odds in gambling, except you'll wind up losing way more because you'll obsess over it. There are lots of people who use meth who gamble. You will lose in the long run.

Everything you are describing here screams the onset of stimulant psychosis.

How old are you can I ask?
Agreed. But there's a lot we don't know about Meth, the Brain, and Neurology in general.

Agreed. But there's a lot we don't know about Meth, the Brain, and Neurology in general.
Absolutely. I just don't want to encourage this kid in any way to continue or to believe that these little things are anything like special abilities.

How much are you using btw? And how frequently? ROA? Whatever you do watch it with the Meth, you take too much and you can slip into psychosis. You don't want to be in psychosis.

I beg to differ, but you're the Dr.

rv1ikIk.jpeg

cepVrAm.png

Note that I said regular use of "significant amounts".

Should not exceed a maximum of 50mg/day (to perhaps a very maximum of maybe 80mg/day in unusual circumstances).

Beyond say 80mg the serotonin release becomes more prominent. Never a good idea to take serotonin releasing agents (of this type) on a daily basis

Note that I said regular use of "significant amounts".

Should not exceed a maximum of 50mg/day (to perhaps a very maximum of maybe 80mg/day in unusual circumstances).

Beyond say 80mg the serotonin release becomes more prominent. Never a good idea to take serotonin releasing agents (of this type) on a daily basis
And excessive serotonin can become damaging I take it? What if you're taking an SSRI too (as was I) said SSRI would mitigate said damage, correct?

Last edited:
And excessive serotonin can become damaging I take it? What if you're taking an SSRI too (as I was) said SSRI would mitigate said damage, correct?

Yes. Long-term abuse of 5-HT releasers like meth is associated with a long lasting decrease in densities of 5-HT axon networks and a long-term depletion of 5-HT that can last years.

Not sure the SSRI would help really, though might shift the damage a bit. You'd think the transporters would be strained by taking the two together especially if a lot of meth was being used. Then again, if alot of meth was being used the SSRI probably wouldnt have much effect at therapeutic doses.

Even if it is true that low-dose is neuro-protective IN CASES OF STROKE OF TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY there is plenty of evidence that high-dose meth can cause both stroke and plenty of kinds of brain injury. There is evidence (and possibly more of it) that anti-psychotics like Seroquel and Abilify are neuroprotective against damage (neurotoxicity) meth causes in the dopamine and serotonin systems. But that's no argument that they are safe drugs that ought to be taken regularly.

As for medicinal meth, my experience is that no matter what benefits small doses may have (for say ADHD), I simply cannot stop at a pharmaceutical dose. If I took 10 or 20 mg of prescribed pharmaceutical Desoxyn it would inevitably trigger cravings and a loss of executive control such that I would either take the rest of the box or go score some street meth almost immediately.

Curiously, I have exactly the opposite experience with prescribed dexamfetamine where my prescribed dose achieves it's objectives regarding increasing mental functionality but never induces (and ofted reduces) cravings for any other kind of stimulant or intoxicant.

The difference is perhaps in the serotonergic activity of meth over dex. I have trouble saying no or being moderate with other serotonergic drugs including MDMA and LSD.

It is a little frustrating here to often read people narrowly focussing on one positive attrribute of a drug (say one receptor reaction) and ignoring all the other potentially negative attributes, especially in downstream receptor systems. for example ignoring the role activation of the 5-HTP receptors have in subsequently modulating (sometimes negative) activity in the dopaminergic and other receptor systems. There is no simple 1:1 single-receptor activation answer to any medical problem.

Even if it is true that low-dose is neuro-protective IN CASES OF STROKE OF TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY there is plenty of evidence that high-dose meth can cause both stroke and plenty of kinds of brain injury. There is evidence (and possibly more of it) that anti-psychotics like Seroquel and Abilify are neuroprotective against damage (neurotoxicity) meth causes in the dopamine and serotonin systems. But that's no argument that they are safe drugs that ought to be taken regularly.

As for medicinal meth, my experience is that no matter what benefits small doses may have (for say ADHD), I simply cannot stop at a pharmaceutical dose. If I took 10 or 20 mg of prescribed pharmaceutical Desoxyn it would inevitably trigger cravings and a loss of executive control such that I would either take the rest of the box or go score some street meth almost immediately.

Curiously, I have exactly the opposite experience with prescribed dexamfetamine where my prescribed dose achieves it's objectives regarding increasing mental functionality but never induces (and ofted reduces) cravings for any other kind of stimulant or intoxicant.

The difference is perhaps in the serotonergic activity of meth over dex. I have trouble saying no or being moderate with other serotonergic drugs including MDMA and LSD.

It is a little frustrating here to often read people narrowly focussing on one positive attrribute of a drug (say one receptor reaction) and ignoring all the other potentially negative attributes, especially in downstream receptor systems. for example ignoring the role activation of the 5-HTP receptors have in subsequently modulating (sometimes negative) activity in the dopaminergic and other receptor systems. There is no simple 1:1 single-receptor activation answer to any medical problem.
Now I got you mad, huh? :p How you been old friend? Glad to see you're clean (I am as well).

All I'm trying to say is there's potential here, big-time potential. If you could somehow bio-engineer Meth to eliminate all its negative attributes, it has potential. I'm pretty sure that's being looked at as we speak...

The gambling, you got lucky, that's all.
Watch "/The Social Dilemma" and report back.

You could argue that our brains are being engineered by Social Media/Social Gambling/Social Whatever, and that systemic Meth-use fucks with the models they produce.

Truth.

Last edited:
Watch "/The Social Dilemma" and report back.

You could argue that our brans brains are being engineered by Social Media/Social Gambling/Social Whatever. and that systemic Meth-use fucks with the models they produce.

Truth.
Okay sounds cool I could use something to watch tonight.