• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Does Meth destroy your face ? Pls read

You can restore it by not using meth and eating healthy. Meth has a way of continuously eating away at your appearance over time as long as youre using it.

at the very least take the vitamins, eat more, and DRINK WATER. Its dehydrating too and that effects your skin.

Agreed. Methamphetamine has consequences. I will admit that I don't fully understand how these things happen, but my understanding is that repetitive picking of the body and face often plays a very large role. I think movements that we make when "sober", like fixing your hair, scratching your nose etc. often begin to happen compulsively, more frequently and often without the knowledge that you're really making them.

I think it's worth noting also that stimulant use in general drains our bodies of vital resources like water, vitamins etc. Considering the fact that we know stress, in general, can contribute to the "aging process", it's not a stretch to assume that the stress of high-dose, chronic stimulant use can contribute to similar processes.

i wasn't smoking meth but i was smoking crack which is similarly famous for destroying your looks and i think does it in a mostly similar way.

repetitive picking definitely plays a big role, i had scabs all over my face and scalp, i'd pick so much i was bleeding every time i did a speedball, which was quite often.

i'm pretty certain i have prematurely aged myself after a heavy addiction, but after a long binge, even sleeping a couple of days and rehydrating would do wonders. it sounds like the OP hasn't done a lot over a protracted period so i'm sure he'll be fine if he stops now.

lack of nutrition will also play a huge roll. stimulant addicts tend to undereat and eat sugary crap when they do.

then there's the effect of the actual drugs. i didn't lose any teeth while addicted but now have a fuck ton of dental work to fix the damage.

On its own, no. That usually comes about after falling into a pattern of obsessive face picking. Some individuals are more susceptible to that than others. We've all seen it.
Safest bet is to just avoid touching your face at all if you're on a good one.

Another likely cause for it could be an acute allergy to any one of the current God-knows-what precursors leftover/unreduced from a half-assed cook.

Than im a wonder a one in a milliin cause i lost fat in the face which did not comeback.
Never head the picking issue and i have never seen who has picking issues

My ex-wife developed really bad picking issues. She got off of birth control which caused a whole flood of hormones to come through and then she got bad with picking. It was really pretty bad. It went away after a while off of the stuff, luckily for her.

Than im a wonder a one in a milliin cause i lost fat in the face which did not comeback.
Never head the picking issue and i have never seen who has picking issues
Its very common. I never fell into it thankfully, but I understand why it happens. Its basically a tick.

Its very common. I never fell into it thankfully, but I understand why it happens. Its basically a tick.
I can never ever understand it.
To get it right: picking is touching ur face with fingers ? I think someone has to be crazy to do that

No, it just starts off that way.
Haven't you heard of "meth bugs under the skin" before?
Thats probably the most common reason you'll hear from people. And it isn't just on the face. There was police video of a lady who picked a giant hole into the back of her neck essentially, among other places.

Lack of nutrition where you haven't been eating well in proportion to your increased metabolism probably caused the sunken face. No worries it's temporary, meth ain't no permanent weight loss abracadabra. Otherwise there would be no obese people anymore. You might in fact become slightly fatter upon sobriety than you first were as the lack of dopamine after use causes you to eat more and/or a slower metabolism than you first begin as your body adapts and stores food after days of starvation.

Give yourself the same amount of days high equal or more to the amount of days to recuperate. You can also prevent this sunken face by living as you do while you're sober during meth use. It get easier with time.
meth aint no premanent weight loss abracadabra...THATS FOR REAL. My last binge i went from 190 to 140. Stopped, picked up drinking for 7 years and got up to 240. If it isnt the food cravings after stopping, itll be something