• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does marijuana-legal states have allergen-free thc

TageMyBoy

Bluelighter
Do marijuana-legal states have allergen-free thc

I'm mildly allergic to cannabis, both smoking and edibles often make me congested. In states with legal weed (like Colorado), do they have thc that's completely removed from the plant? It's my understanding that I'm allergic to the plant, but not thc itself. I'm hoping that they sell thc that's been separated from all the allergen plant material, so that one day I'll be able to get the effects of thc without worrying about allergies.

Last edited:
yeah, BL is filled with dudes who tried synthetic weed RC's

I don't mean one of the short-lasting highs that you get from rc's like spice. I want to avoid taking underresearched rc drugs. I want the same thc high from weed but without having to have much contact with the plant material.

u should maybe look into dabbing or get a vaporizer ;) dont mess with those synthetic weeds... they can become very addictive.

Have u ever tried to smoke hashj?

I really think a good vaporizer will help u, the weed does not need to be burned, it just heats the weed so the THC gets released.µ

I'm pretty sure if u ask the question in one of those marihuana dispenseries they will love to help u.

From my understanding dabbing would be your best bet. When they make dabs, they run butane through weed to extract only the oil (thc and other cannabinoids) and plant matter isn't soluble in butane. May not completely eliminate your allergies but it would probably be a lot easier on you than smoking flower would.

I really think a good vaporizer will help u, the weed does not need to be burned, it just heats the weed so the THC gets released.

A vape would still expose you to plant allergens such as pollen.

Salutations TageMyBoy,

...do they have thc that's completely removed from the plant? It's my understanding that I'm allergic to the plant...

I'm a vaporist and i'd wish to argue that the very same cannabis in 2 different vaporizers will lead to significantly different results right now, invariably: my HerbalAire's electric dryness makes me miserable enough to need a sip of water every now and then while my modded VaporGenie pipe provides a convenient delay before i even think to take a sip, because that particular type of pipe happens to be self-moisturizing as a consequence of water vapor being created through a simple butane burning process. By-products include CO2 and what i tagged "comet dust" (from a can's "impurities"), if that's no deterrent then pass the miror and welcome to Wonderland! As for smoke i can't stand it anymore, i quit years ago.

Simply put, IMO consumption method matters a great deal.

Also, when i dare flirt with my tolerance level too much i'll experience allergy-type manifestations anyway. Rafale sneezing, watery eyes, nasal congestion, irritable airways, itchy skin... It's even worst in winter.

With my pipe the difference lies in being able to enjoy the toke/ritual with little interference from such agravation as i just mentioned: it buys me time to perform pleasant/satisfying inhalation again. After that i may want a glass a water but the load was successfully delivered in any case... Of course one must not be worried about sniffing butane, whatever they like to call it...

Except perhaps someday i'll find bio-butane extracted from vegetals instead of underground, who knows!

%)

I'm hoping that they sell THC that's been separated from all the allergen plant material, so that one day I'll be able to get the effects of thc without worrying about allergies.

Correct me if i'm mistaking but isn't Sativex pure THC already?

Good luck eliminating THC as a potential cause! :)

A vape would still expose you to plant allergens such as pollen.

Simple reclaims from condensated cannabis vapor don't irritate me as much so i can only imagine a dabbing scenario.

Give it a try, you might get lucky, for awhile!

=D

I have a couple friends who started smoking weed in their 30's and about 10-15 years later of chronic smoking later both complain about being allergic to pot. I've seen them go into massive sneezing fits after a toke so I believe it. Not sure why this happens. Curious if you could describe your history smoking? Is this something that came on after years of smoking or were you always allergic? To avoid allergies avoid pollen, so the vaping advice makes sense as extracts will contain a lot less pollen. Kief is probably the worst thing you can smoke. Also, washing your hands after a toke helps reduce the reaction. One of my friend puts on a smoking jacket every time he tokes to avoid trailing allergens.

Salutations levelsBeyond,

...I believe it.

M'yeah, shit happens. Anyway, this was only meant to give TageMyBoy some hope that all vapes ain't equal and for a matter neither cannabis eventually.

Yet personally i get a feeling it has to do with sudden variations of my tolerance level, forget specifics.

Still, although i've experienced severe reactions before i've been able to manage since last winter or so. The pipe makes me tired faster because of the additional lung effort required to pre-heat, still there are those fine days when every detail falls right in place and i want nothing, just appreciate tasty herb under thin sunrays! In comparison my HerbalAire + Arizer Solo Glass Stem contraption is a stretch of many aspects, time for starters. My dragon is called electric-dryness and it stares at me, right in the eyes!...

...the vaping advice makes sense as extracts will contain a lot less pollen.

What if THC or an important associated compound actually cause similar reactions, nonetheless?...

...washing your hands after a toke...

I can see you've witnessed such phenomena and hence myself i'd wish to add it may even be a good idea to wash the face too, actually... But that's getting somewhat out of hand at that point when it's about time to consider re-working the consumption method and/or enjoying some well-earned T-Break!...

Good day, have fun!! =D

I've been smoking on and off for about four years now. More sparingly in the beginning because I was in high school, but now more regularly. I don't recall allergy problems with it when I first started, but my allergies have gotten worse in general during the past couple years.

Even a few months ago when I didn't smoke for weeks, my general allergies were still just as bad. I got an allergy test about 5 months ago and I'm allergic to a lot of things: trees, dogs, cats, dust, etc. Especially molds. Anyways, they seem to get a little worse shortly after smoking. It's not the smoke specifically that does it because I can smoke cigarettes without a problem.

I'm currently getting allergy shots for the things I'm allergic to, but unfortunately weed isn't included in the shots lol. So idk if the shots will help with that particular allergy (given that I do actually have a mild weed allergy).

My method of consumption is almost always dabs/wax (i think it's a butane extract). I use a small atmos pen. But edibles and normal weed also give me the same allergy problems.

And I'll research sativex, I'm hoping to find something where the thc is almost completely removed from the plant origins. Like how caffeine powder has no reminents of the coffee plant in it (at least I think it doesn't), it's just a pure white powder.

I have a couple friends who started smoking weed in their 30's and about 10-15 years later of chronic smoking later both complain about being allergic to pot. I've seen them go into massive sneezing fits after a toke so I believe it.

Maybe the weed they're getting is contaminated with a minor mold problem? I've smoked hydro that was too wet before and it made me go into horrible sneezing fits

Hi again TageMyBoy,

I've been smoking on and off for about four years... ...my allergies have gotten worse in general during the past couple years.

Hummm... No need to insist over finding an alternative consumption method i guess.

It's not the smoke specifically that does it because I can smoke cigarettes without a problem.

IMO this ranges among, euh... the magic thinking category (...), to hope for no influence from smoke would be found at all!... Yet that's not my debate to make here and now.

...I do actually have a mild weed allergy...

Me too i should fear and yet i can take my tolerance level through the roof, having a choice between 2 radically different scenarios depending on the exact vaporizing method in use. The benefits are directly linked to "butane inhalation" which is quite a misrepresentation of what really occurs.

1 same cannabis sample can/will lead to 2 variable types of experience(s)... More precisely, butane-generated hot moisturized air (+ CO2) carying cannabic goodies away from a vaporization bowl work wonders for me. At least that's how interpret my relative success with a modded VaporGenie butane-powered pipe. The problem is CO2 may promote headaches though.

The other method is a fairly decent table setup that convinced me no electric vape can emulate the type of hot-gas "Stream" vaporization effect performed via butane burning.

Ultimately, a distinction even has to be made between butane-operated inlet self-conditioning and just self-moisturizing (where moisturization occurs AFTER rather than BEFORE vaporization has taken place). So perhaps in absence of butane burning a more acute term might be "auto-moisturized", i suppose. Which ain't as good as a pipe offering the option of a nice neo-smoker ritual in convenient Pocket format, for example...

My method of consumption is almost always dabs/wax (i think it's a butane extract). I use a small atmos pen. But edibles and normal weed also give me the same allergy problems.

That's one more hint in favour of my suggestion: give moisturization a fair try, have the full treat testing a VG pipe or some similar product, such as mentioned here:

Euh...

...just a pure white powder.

Keep hoping there's some better solution, nice attitude!... But i'd advise you get ready for "Plan-B" anyway!

Good day, have fun!! =D

What's an easy to go about mostiruizering the vapor? Could I make a bong-like device that has the pen in the position of the bowl. That would actually be pretty fun to use. It'd be like an electirc bong.

I would think edibles or concentrate would be the way to go if you don't like sneezing/are highly sensitive to the allergens in weed. Not an expert on the subject by any means, but my understanding is that things like pollen tend to be causes of allergy sensitivity... and well, weed is a flower. So as long as you have weed in plant form I see no way of truly isolating it. Maybe indoor grows will keep it sheltered, but when dried and smoked it will inevitably catch allergens as far as I can tell.

The only allergy symptom is congestion?

Sounds pretty run-of-the-mill for smokers. I tend to have to blow my nose after a session-- sometimes mid-session.

Confusing thread is confusing.

To be technical, pollen does NOT exist on non-fertilized female buds. Male plants are the only ones that have pollen. It's the male sex of the plant that is called pollen. For the most part, you will not ever see pollen on legal buds.

With that said, does the OP really know what he/she is allergic to?

In general, my allergy symptoms are congestion, sinus pressure/headaches, and scratchy throat. But congestion is the only one that increases when I'm high. I'm still at least somewhat congested while sober but weed seems to consistently make it worse. Idk why, no other substances do that, even smoking cigarettes. So I'm assuming it's a mild allergy but I could be wrong.

Salutations TageMyBoy,

Could I make a bong-like device...

Maybe you'll find some inspiration here:

Most unfortunately it would imply missing the best that is yet to come from water vapor in a cannabic vaporizer!

;)

Consider this. Moist air can be expected to carry more energy than just dry air, i believe, because intuitively we're all aware it takes more heat to cause its temperature to rise... Consequently, if one must release stored energy into a vaping bowl then moist air should be the prefered cannabic carrier.

Hence my conclusion, that practically all electric-dry vapes effectively lack quite a major element needed for true inclusive vaporism - and beyond: the 2 water-related aspects i got in mind (air moisture/energy density). So, if we can agree on such premise then hot moist air from butane burning in a suitable pipe would certainly appear to aim at the shortest path solution i can recommend, IMO. Please feel free to replicate with independant experimentation!

Electric-dry modes only support post-vaporization moisturing, perhaps simply as a result of manufacturers not fond of health risks associated to stale water, etc... Alternately this personalized pipe illustrated above performs *INLET* self-conditioning in 1 step, ahead of the cannabic load to be exact! Not even a FogBong will get this close to such ideal conditioning i would think, because the hot gas stream thermalizes deeper/faster... Etc., whatever.

Well, if you could share a double-vape comparative session with me in the veranda then few doubts would possibly remain after the strong contrasting image this would leave you! But that's me.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Confusing thread is confusing.

To be technical, pollen does NOT exist on non-fertilized female buds. Male plants are the only ones that have pollen. It's the male sex of the plant that is called pollen. For the most part, you will not ever see pollen on legal buds.

With that said, does the OP really know what he/she is allergic to?

I have a situation where I have asthma and I think I MIGHT be allergic to weed pollen because these days when I smoke I get really bad asthma, need to hit my inhaler and actually throw up after that (my doc said it's the result of the ventolin suddenly opening my lungs).

Even my Herbalaire vaporizer gives me some asthma so I assumed MAYBE it's a weed pollen allergy because other asthmatics say this doesn't happen to them.

But are you suggesting that weed does NOT have pollen on it???

IF so then why do you think I have problems smoking and vaping weed while other asthmatics don't??

What do you and others here think might be a solution?

Just edibles?

I have a situation where I have asthma and I think I MIGHT be allergic to weed pollen because these days when I smoke I get really bad asthma, need to hit my inhaler and actually throw up after that (my doc said it's the result of the ventolin suddenly opening my lungs).

Even my Herbalaire vaporizer gives me some asthma so I assumed MAYBE it's a weed pollen allergy because other asthmatics say this doesn't happen to them.
First, anyone can be allergic to anything, so keep an open mind when talking about allergies. Second, smoking and/or vaping is going to not be good for someone with asthma. Smoke and/or vapor (smoke is worse) is only going to exacerbate your asthma. It's also possible you don't have any allergies to pot.

But are you suggesting that weed does NOT have pollen on it???
I'm not only suggesting it, but I'm claiming that it should NOT have pollen in it if it's any good.

Here's a simple test you can do without resorting to a microscope:

Does you bud have any seeds in it? If no, then you are almost guaranteed there is NO pollen to be found. If yes, then your plant has either been exposed to another male plant or your plant was a hermaphrodite and had sex with itself, producing it's own pollen (at some point the plant DID have pollen if your answer is yes).

IF so then why do you think I have problems smoking and vaping weed while other asthmatics don't??
I'm not familiar enough with asthma to know if the majority are ok with smoking pot or not, but if that's the case then maybe you have an allergy to something else in the plant. Remember, anyone can be allergic to anything.

What do you and others here think might be a solution?

Just edibles?
You should try edibles. You should try dabbing. You should try anything you haven't tried yet that you think might make a difference. It's like a science experiment, and you are the subject!

Last edited:
Try eating cannabis seeds. i hear it helps allergies and specifically allergies to the cannabis plant. generally the seeds are incredible sources of nutrition too.