View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does LSDs route of administration diminish its effects

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
Basically if I swallow my tab instead of holding on my tongue for 5-10 minutes will the effects (comeup, trip duration, peak intensity) be less or more?

There are mucus membranes in the mouth under the tongue that rapidly absorb it, making it come on faster I believe than having it digest in your stomach. As for trip intensity, I am not sure

Like Cudi said under your tounge is good, on it I don't think is better than swallowing it.

I bet any difference is psychological and that the variability in the dose per tab is higher than any bioavailability difference (if there is any).

LSD is strong enough and lasts up to 12 HR either route. A slightly faster come up is negligible in my experience.

It is possible that it's a slightly faster come up. I have purposely swallowed a tab instantly to test this and it didn't really seem to take any longer to start noticing effects. The intensity of the trip was certainly not diminished either.

It makes no difference for the come up or the intensity if you use oral or sublingual. LSD has a really high bioavailability and there's supposed to be something about it's kinetics that doesn't make it work faster with different kinds of administration. IM and IV is supposed to only have slightly faster come up too, and same intensity as oral.
Purportedly dropping liquid LSD in the eye is supposed to increase the come up slightly too, but it's a really stupid thing to do and the intensity is the same again.

Personally I've found that LSD sometimes can have an ideosyncratic prolonged come up time - for no reason really.

Anyway, just swallow it, because it makes no difference.

Last edited:
^Yeah, I kind of figured that actually (despite earlier post.)

The shit will absorb through your skin in small amounts, most need some type of transdermal administration system (patch etc.)

LSD is absorbed fundally (which happens before it gets to your stomach if I recall). That's why it works basically the same orally as sublingually. In both cases, the bioavailability is close to 100%.