• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does LSD degrade if the tabs are crushed or squished?

contraband968

Bluelighter
So short backstory, will be getting some tabs to friend, in a package containing other documents. I have valid reason to believe the package will be inspected upon his receipt (not by LE, but still).

I have a plan for concealing them, that I won't go into too much detail on, but would involve them being fairly compressed between two pieces of paper.

My concern is would being pressed between two pieces of paper cause the tabs to bleed out the LSD? if so, should I put some sort of non-porous material like wax paper on each side of the tabs to protect them? I want to avoid aluminum foil in case the documents get x-rayed or anything.

I feel pretty good about the idea in general, just don't know if direct pressure on the tabs can cause the material to transfer over to something else, causing a loss of potency.

Last edited:
crushing and squishing is not a problem,
less detail about your plan is better I think

Last edited:
Good point. I edited my original post to include enough context for asking the question, but didn't go into enough detail of the actual method of concealment.

Good news though that crushing and squishing won't hurt them. I guess that means there is no risk of them bleeding out and I don't need to add an extra layer of non-porous material on eatiehr side of the tabs?

true, I like to store them in a book - no plastic, no foil, no problem, no degradation, lasts for years like that

Like pupnik said, no it won't have any effect on the LSD. The things that degrade LSD (and any substance really) are air, moisture, and light.

Just obviously dont go creating lots of friction/rubbing. Just sitting between the pages wont do any harm

true, I like to store them in a book - no plastic, no foil, no problem, no degradation, lasts for years like that
I second this, I store all my blotter based product in mylar foil and in a book

^how bad is moisture though? I've read that lsd can be stored in pure water

^how bad is moisture though? I've read that lsd can be stored in pure water

It can be stored solved in pure water. The problem for long term storage is keeping the water from going bad. With high enough alcohol content, like wodka, this is no problem.

As for storing blotter, very moist air can lead to condensation and the acid dissolving in it. Then it can travel with the condensed water to a different surface. Also, dissolved chemicals react more readily with other chemicals they come in contact with.

So, for long term storage keep your acid in a sealed container to prevent contact with moisture and other chemicals, and keep it away from light and heat.