• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Loperamide/Imodium contain opioids?

I've used Loperamide several times for Oxy withdrawal and it wipes the WD out completely in high doses, for me it takes about 40mg twice a day for it to be effective. But only use it short term as its not good for ur heart.
After you took the Loperamide did you have any WD symptoms after that? Im currently taking Kratom and want to switch to that instead.

I couldn’t say as I only ever used it to hold me until my script was due and the Oxy train got boarded again. I would be happy to say that, if titrated down properly, Symptoms would be minimal I’m sure!! Pretty potent stuff you’ll see ?

After you took the Loperamide did you have any WD symptoms after that? Im currently taking Kratom and want to switch to that instead.

Well no because I only use Loperamide incase I run out of my Oxycodone script early. The longest I've used Loperamide for opioid WD is 3 days. I extremely discourage using high doses of Loperamide chronically / long term as it interferes with the way ur heart beats which can be very dangerous indeed, and even fatal!

Well no because I only use Loperamide incase I run out of my Oxycodone script early. The longest I've used Loperamide for opioid WD is 3 days. I extremely discourage using high doses of Loperamide chronically / long term as it interferes with the way ur heart beats which can be very dangerous indeed, and even fatal!
Sounds good! Thanks for the reply :) Shouldnt be using it for more than a few days!

I echo what is said above, but for emergencies you will suddenly wonder why your not in full blown withdrawal you’ll see ?

Loperamide is good for a very short period. Honestly kratom withdrawal is not that long and loperamide lasts for more than 24 hours. Uou could probably dose it 3, maybe 4 times max and be past the withdrawal and not be on anything. Some users in this forum (in The Dark Side forum mainly) have developed physical addiction to loperamide and they say it's horrible and lasts a long time, way worse than short acting opiate withdrawals.

Be careful with loperamide, but it can be a very valuable too.

Loperamide is good for a very short period. Honestly kratom withdrawal is not that long and loperamide lasts for more than 24 hours. Uou could probably dose it 3, maybe 4 times max and be past the withdrawal and not be on anything. Some users in this forum (in The Dark Side forum mainly) have developed physical addiction to loperamide and they say it's horrible and lasts a long time, way worse than short acting opiate withdrawals.

Be careful with loperamide, but it can be a very valuable too.
Geeze I had no idea, it could be bad! Is it when they take super high doses and they can actually feel the opiate "high"? (since it can cross the BBB in high doses, I think?) I personally only wanna take it for a few days. I was going to take it tonight, but I forgot LOLssss. Guess ill just do it tomorrow.

How bad is the constipation when you take it for WDs? Do you have to take some sort of laxative with it? (just a heads up... ill have to give some personal info... sorry ---->). I dont have frequent bowel movements as it, should I take something, just in case?

It's not the same as other opiates but you definitely get the opiate feeling. I never got euphoria from it, but it eliminated 90% of my withdrawals. I never tried to take it just to get high.

The constipation isn't really any worse than other opiates. I had bad constipation for years to the point I would shit out a rock every 3-4 days and it was horrible... I have hemorrhoids to this day from it, it sucks. That was from poppy tea and also kratom... when I would switch loperamide it wasn't any worse. I started getting laxatives and stool softeners and would take both and it helped a lot.

As above mate^ gut receptors accept any opiate, it’s just with lope being advertised as anti-diahrreal, the stigma convinces people it’s worse. If you don’t wanna wake up in withdrawal, I suggest taking 4-5 before bed!!

No probs. Don’t worry about the documented long term effects if it will help you not put your body through withdrawal hell in the short term.

P.S It can take a good 2-3 hours to take full effect, so time it right if at all possible!!

No it doesnt show up i a urine test ( i can confirm)

but dont take it for more than 3 days, as I have found out you can get dependant on it and even on a small 16mg per day prescribed dose from the Doc for a recovering opiate addict when you stop it you will go through WD's like other Opiates and it seems to take a long time before you reach the peak i would say 5 days

but they are quite mild though and Im just sick of waking up with the WD feelings now

Where the hell are you fat belly, that your dr will prescribe Loperamide for opi withdrawal? Fascinating??????

In the UK, my Doc prescribed my Loperamide for BAD dhiarrea & Metcolopermide for nausea

I begged for Diazepam as well but NO WAY

Well, I had a great "reaction" to using Lope for withdrawals! I took 6mg (3 pills) and it took all of my WD symptoms away! I was surprised how well it worked with such a small dose. I took it around 5:00pm and I finally noticed everything went away around 6:30pm. Now I just need to have the balls to dump all of my Kratom down the toilet...