• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Loperamide/Imodium contain opioids?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Does Loperamide/Imodium contain opioids? Any trace amounts at all? Yes or no?

Last edited:
Dont have more than 12 mgs bud i mean you can take more but it starts to become bad for your heart their are people on here who take pacemakers because they fucked it on lope so bee carefull.

It doesn't "contain" an opioid; it is one.

Correct. An opioid is any drug (natural, semi-synthetic or synthetic) that binds to your opioid receptors.

Loperamide bonds to your receptors and is therefore an opioid.

Then again, so is naloxone...

The reason for my question is, would Immodium alone show up on a urine test as POSITIVE for opioids?

We don't really do drug test questions. Are you just using this for withdrawal or are you attempting to get high off it?

Loperamide in high doses is pretty well know for suddenly causing serious heart problems, just a warning incase you plan on taking large doses. It's good for some of the physical symptoms of withdrawal like diarrhea and nausea depending on how big your habit is.

If you absolutely must go over the recommended daily doses please consider the side effects.

Loperamide will not cause a positive drug test in any amount on any drug test 100% confirmed. Carry on

I used to use it the days before a probation drug test to hold me over till I could get back to H

Be careful op as i said excessive lopermide can cause serious heart problems

Will Immodium/Lopermide be construed on my piss test as traces of opioids. Not asking for definitive answer about any test as each test has degrees of strictness but is there a small likelihood that it would be construed as such?

Loperamide will not cause a positive drug test in any amount on any drug test 100% confirmed. Carry on

I used to use it the days before a probation drug test to hold me over till I could get back to H
Thank you for the answer I was looking for.

Be careful, Lope has a ridiculous half life so dosing several days in a row should be avoided.
When using for maintenance/WD I skipped every third day because the metabolic rate allowed me to be held over by a few doses prior.

The standard half life is actual 10-11 hours but is subjective based on individual metabolism obviously. It is ABSOLUTELY!! an opioid OP, it was synthesised with view to use in pain management initially. Changed molecularly some years later I believe. It is on par with hydromorphone peripherally this I do know (Pharmacolgy degree project.

I have had great success in the past, wiping out Oxy withdrawal symptoms, including body temp fluctuations, nausea, body aches and of course the good liquibowel. At doses above 20mg (not advised) I have had a noticeable lift in mood (placebo) or not!! Hope this helps!!

I've used Loperamide several times for Oxy withdrawal and it wipes the WD out completely in high doses, for me it takes about 40mg twice a day for it to be effective. But only use it short term as its not good for ur heart.