• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does kratom raise your opiate tolerance up much ?

bignbrown

Bluelighter
Currently on oxycodone, my usual dose when i have it (rarely) is about 20-30mg for a good buzz, havent taken opiates in months except the past few days i did kratom daily for about 3-4 days, now ive done about 90mg over the past 6 hours which is quite alot for me and still havent properly nodded.

That short of a period won't raise your tolerance but you do need to give it a day or two between taking Kratom and regular opiates. Kratom contains antagonists as well as agonists. The antagonists seem to stick around for a while blocking typical opiates.

personally i would stay away from kratom. ive read a few reports on here of people using kratom for an extended period of time and it messed with their oxy tolerance pretty bad. mind you this was longer than 3 or 4 days tho.

while your tolerance is low, you may want to consider poppy pod tea? shit i haven't done opies for 10 months, maybe i should look into the PPT myself (it was never an option b4 due to tolerance and i kinda forgot about it, plus it'll be way cheaper than some overpriced kratom).

I find that kratom actually does increase tolerance to opiates quite a bit, more than I expected for sure. I'm not sure how much it will happen in this short period but I'd expect a bit of a tolerance increase to have occurred.

Regarding staying away from kratom... It is probably the easiest opioid to maintain a constant dose with. At one point, I took daily for around two months without ever raising my dose. I also didn't experience w/d when stopping after that occasion, though YMMV. Kratom certainly can be addicting, it just seems to take a bit of effort with most people.

ok i want to try the kratom even know Im a little scared due to the fact I am allergic to alot of stuff but not any opiate, I am however very very allergic to the point of hosptial if I go anywhere near weed. In anycase I still want to try it. I am just not sure what to buy? I know you cannot source but can you tell me what I should buy? Powder? Pills what? Also I take 40-50 mg of oxycodone so what should my first test dose be? I plan on putting some on my skin first to try to ward off if Im allergic or not. I do it with meds and always get a rash if Im allergic. Oh and the oxy is in 15mg sometimes 20mg doses at least 4-5 hours apart.

^I'd look for a kratom review board for exact places to order from. Stay away from the stuff that is already in capsules, you can do that yourself with your own capsules and quality product. I'd probably start with Bali or maybe Maeng Da kratom, and at a dose of around 5 - 6g or so. There is plenty of information available, I suggest looking on Google for kratom-specific discussion.

personally i would stay away from kratom. ive read a few reports on here of people using kratom for an extended period of time and it messed with their oxy tolerance pretty bad. mind you this was longer than 3 or 4 days tho.

while your tolerance is low, you may want to consider poppy pod tea? shit i haven't done opies for 10 months, maybe i should look into the PPT myself (it was never an option b4 due to tolerance and i kinda forgot about it, plus it'll be way cheaper than some overpriced kratom).

PPT is 10x more addicting than kratom. First off it's real morphine (and everything else in there) so it's chemically more addicting as far as your body is concerned. Secondly, PPT lasts all day, and usually into the next day. So basically, when you take one dose of PPT, it's similar to binging on morphine for a day and a half. My opiate tolerance SKYROCKETED when I started using PPT.

Having said that kratom is far less addicting but still can be very addicting in it's own way.

I usually stop using Kratom 3-4 days before getting my Hydros. If I take Kratom the day before, I get nothing from the Hydros.

PPT is 10x more addicting than kratom. First off it's real morphine (and everything else in there) so it's chemically more addicting as far as your body is concerned. Secondly, PPT lasts all day, and usually into the next day. So basically, when you take one dose of PPT, it's similar to binging on morphine for a day and a half. My opiate tolerance SKYROCKETED when I started using PPT.

Having said that kratom is far less addicting but still can be very addicting in it's own way.

dang that sounds awesome. if i can achieve a decent opiate high for that long i would be thrilled. i'm used to dosing and then being sober 4 hours later. shit man a day and a half?? man i'm pretty glad i took that 10 month oxy break. you think if i used to do 120 mg of oxy in a sitting that i'll be able to have decent effects from PPT after 10 months clean?

dang that sounds awesome. if i can achieve a decent opiate high for that long i would be thrilled. i'm used to dosing and then being sober 4 hours later. shit man a day and a half?? man i'm pretty glad i took that 10 month oxy break. you think if i used to do 120 mg of oxy in a sitting that i'll be able to have decent effects from PPT after 10 months clean?

I think so, yeah, however the availability of pods is pretty much nil unless you grow them yourself or know a grower. Internet supply has completely dried up and no one seems to know why. I'm guessing the law caught up. 8)

It's both a blessing and a curse. It's a curse for obvious reasons, I mean c'mon, for about the street price of one vike/perc you were once able to have a FAR more intense high that literally does last about 24 hours, and you could obtain it legally, in the mail to your door step, and even consume it inconspicuously at home, on the street, at work, etc.. Amazing right? Yeah, so this stuff was addicting in so many more ways than one. It's a blessing that it went away because you bet your ass I'd probably be on it right now...and I'm glad that I'm not because I certainly was full-blown addicted to this stuff at one point. :)

It would be cool if it was one of those seasonal things, that for example only came around in the summer months, that way, I'd be forced to put it down from time to time. Even kratom is way too easy to obtain, but at least it isn't nearly as addicting as pods.

^^
shit man i should have gotten in on it a few years ago.. the one bad part about sharing information is that the good stuff we figure out also gets shut down a lot quicker..

i'm sure there still has to be a few good sources somewhere.. they may just take a lil longer to find..

Yeah, Kratom ruined my love affair with Hydrocodone. I used to get off on 20mg Hydro, and now after several months of taking Kratom (Thai red vein, SEM, and UEI) it takes at least 40mg of Hydro to barely get me buzzed.

I actually prefer a kratom buzz to a hydro buzz nowadays - much more intense, and lasts a helluva lot longer. YMMV though.

^^

consider yourself lucky your tolerance only raised that small amount. 40mg of hydro is nothing compared to what i've read about other regular kratom users experiencing.

Yeah, Kratom ruined my love affair with Hydrocodone. I used to get off on 20mg Hydro, and now after several months of taking Kratom (Thai red vein, SEM, and UEI) it takes at least 40mg of Hydro to barely get me buzzed.

I actually prefer a kratom buzz to a hydro buzz nowadays - much more intense, and lasts a helluva lot longer. YMMV though.

Yeah, this. The first time I drank a glass of pod tea, a friend of mine was waiting to hear how it turned out. I remember texting him "I'm never buying another pill again". He came screeching into my driveway about 2 minutes later. :p

God damn I miss that stuff. :(

I also agree as well that I prefer kratom to hydro. I appreciate the clean stimulation you get with it and also I find it to be much more empathetic not far from a low dose of MDMA. I dream of a day I'm downing a glass of pod tea, kratom, and maybe some mushrooms.... :eek:

^That sounds like quite the combination!

Kratom has its own little niche because of the somehow paradoxical stimulation and opiate-like sedation that some users experience. Personally I have gotten a lot more sedation than stimulation with my kratom use, but everybody seems to react differently, not accounting for the different strains, of course.

If kratom works for you, then I say keep going with it. I would consider hydrocodone and kratom to be roughly equal. It does raise your opiate tolerance, however.

Last edited:
^^
its that new kind of stimulation. the kind where you're so stimulated you're sedated lol.