• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does kratom prolong heroin withdrawal?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
I have a bunch of kratom and im withdrawing heroin... Will taking kratom prolong the withdrawal period?

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris, I'm in the exact same boat as you, hopefully someone will jump in and help out :)

It's going to smoothen out your withdrawls quite a bit. The transition to kratom might be a little uncomfortable if you have a high tolerance to heroin.

But personally i would much rather step away from a kratom dependency. Lots of people use it for this reason. Just use the kratom for a week as you work your doses down smaller. I'd start with a 7 gram kratom dose capsules up.

Redose in 4-6 hours.
These suggestions are only my own and you could take them or leave them. Hopefully more people chimn in with some more information.

I would also try to use a strain that has a more sedative effect, like Maeng Da Red or whatever works best for you. Mixing the powder with stem and vein powder in increasing doses until you have completely replaced the kratom with the stem and vein I have read many times is supposed to be the best way to avoid kratom wd.

Sorry, I can't give you a more exact model for timing these changing doses, I have never come across anything official looking nor have I tried it myself (well, I've mixed in stem and vein, but only because it supposedly gives a more rounded experience which lasts longer. I've never been scientific enough in my approach to taking any substances that I can't report that this is definitely true).

PM me and I will try and find more info on kratom withdrawal, never done heroin, but I know kratom wd can be pretty scary even with benzo analogues.