• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Does it even matter what sex dog/cat you get?

Ds

Bluelight Crew
I have a female dog, does that make me, like, lesser of a guy?
Someone brought it to my attention, that I should have a dog with nuts,
I didn't think this was a thing..

Are guys only allowed to have male dogs?
Does it even matter?
I'm so lost here.

Um, that person needs a life D's and I would have told them so.

I've always had female cats, except for cats born in my household. I would just find homes for each one of the offspring.

Just get along with the way the females act better, I guess. Dog's ... doesn't matter. All dogs are good, but I prefer the larger breeds.

Don't listen to some small minded loser like that man

There are some small behavioral differences between male/female cats and dogs. I don't know much about dogs, but I've always preferred male cats.

Male cats tend to be more independent and stoic. Female cats tend to be more affectionate love bugs, but also require a little more attention.

But ultimately small differences.

A mamma dog will take care of you just as well as a pappa dog.
That was none of his business.
A mamma dog is going to protect you just as well. I think he was just weird and
jealous that you have such a sweet friend and puppy.

Take care of each other. I know how much we love our pets. And be careful always
around those kind of strangers. Watch out for each other !!!! Always.

personality-wise, male and female cats are really different, but dogs, i don't think so much

i do prefer male cats, but either way, they're cool

:memecat:

I find it weird that people get weird about what sex an animal is that someone owns..

I prefer female dogs for a number of reasons, primarily the relationship we form. Female dogs just seem more loyal to me, but you have to earn that trust. Males are either love sluts or can’t be around anyone. Plus they’re cleaner.

I’ve heard shit like “men only want female dogs to control them” and other toxic feminist sayings.

-GC

I like female dogs more, but I had a female boxer for 14 years that was a better dog than I could have ever asked for, so I'm obviously biased now

I think the breed also makes a difference in whether I would want a male or female

Awww that's fucking sweet, that's lovely she's your girl, it wouldn't of even crossed my mind till you just mentioned it, a man with a girl dog, what's weird about that, if anything like I said, it's sweet

I do have a little smile if I see a big butch gym loving muscle man with a tiny chihuahua though, knowing he's probably taking his girlfriends dog for a walk, no offence if your girls a chihuahua lol

And as for cats, all cats, every cat, boy cat, girl cat, any cat cat cat cat cat cat, I'm not high I just fucking love cats, no cats safe from me bothering it with strokes, hugs and kisses, if I see one in the street off I go with a "pstpstpstpst here kitty kitty" funny thing is they appear from no where, like I'm a cat magnet, if I'm with someone they're like "leave the bloody cat alone" knowing full well that's not even an option, and first thing I ask if I go to someone's house is "have you got a cat" I'm not even kidding, most people who know me know I'm cat obsessed

I will always be a dog person but my daughter has four kittehs. I will show you the "special" one @Anxiety Girl -- she is very lovely but I like servants not masters ;)

That's actually bizarre. I know really blokey blokes who have female dogs. Neutered males might get laughed at by idiots, but I've *never* heard of a preference for males. Do they have fighting in mind or something? 😠

No, of course not. It makes that person's opinion matter lesser now to you, as that's ignorant macho-bullshit thinking usually indicative of insecurity in addition to a lack of intelligence.

What a foolish thing to opine. Also, unless you're a professional dog breeder, it's cruel not to fix your dog while depriving them of sex. It's also unhealthy and can cause an animal to develop testicular cancer, or ovarian cancer for females.

Oh it is. That same kind of person often thinks it's unmanly to have only daughters and no sons, as if masculinity could be measured in one's propensity to have male offspring. Clearly this is the opinion of someone who doesn't understand genetics and is all too happy to share this idiotic view with the world around them.

I really shouldn't even answer this as you know the answer already. Anyone who would think less of you for owning a female dog instead of a male dog has a moronic and immature view of this topic. The only approval you need is from the man in the mirror.

Does it even matter?
Only to insecure people who try to mask this with cringe-worthy arrogance, entitlement, arbitrary projection and a cartoonishly over-masculinized, insufferable, macho attitude.

I'm so lost here.
Don't be. Some people were taught stupid shit growing up. Generally, the female of most mammalian species will exhibit somewhat more docile behavior, which is generally what humans look for in dogs, that plus intelligence, companionship, and protection of the homefront. Trust me, female dogs don't slack on being useful as watch dogs. Don't feel lost and don't listen to that foolishness.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter whatsoever in terms of your manliness, or lack thereof. That's ridiculous.

But as far as animal genders, there are certainly differences. By and large, male cats and dogs will get along with other cats/dogs better than females, and have less territorial issues. Female cats are more likely to pee around your house, it's a territorial thing. There are differences in personality tendencies. I have had both male and female cats, and love them both, but I tend to prefer male cats because they tend to be sweeter/more snuggly. Of course, any individual animal is going to have its own personality, but just in terms of the average, I have found these things to be true.

Have had both a male dog and female dogs. Both are amazing in their own unique way. Its a bit like anyone. We all unique in a way and its the same with dogs or cats. Gender really doesnt matter for a large % of people. Says more about the person telling you you need a male dog than about you

And funnily enough i agree that the female is still very terratorial and shows more territorial behaviours in my experience. Like other poster said will be a great guard dog. Too many people allowed to breed dogs. Need better vetting accross the world imo (sorry offtopic but i love all animals)

Yea I’ll also agree females tend to not get along with each other as easily. But that’s also what I like, a female dog tends to be a deeper bond where they like you more than anyone else.

That said there’s often gender issues, females tend to have problems with other females and males other males. I’ve got a blue pit close in the family that is the one boy amongst like 4 girls. He hates all other males dogs but his girls can do no wrong, they’ll beat the crap out of him and he takes it cuz it’s attention lol. But no other males are allowed around his harem..

-GC

Does it even matter?
I'm so lost here.
Don't know man,
I'm a guy and I think the opposite, I always get along better with female animals than males..
I think all females have some kind of trans-species abstract low-key attraction to male hormones, they can smell it much better than human females, I would say.
I think that makes it for a better understanding and respect from them to us (males).

I've had a female dog and 3 female cats, all of them very nice and I think my main cat (1 is a straight cat that appears from time to time and another died) feels somewhat attracted by my sweat and smell, she goes directly into my armpits sometimes, and stays there happily smelling and even sucking like if I was her mother.

I know this sounds weird, but I think it works like that.

I always prefer females, no matter what specie.