• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Does heroin revert to morphine if it gets wet?

Anything sitting in the water (like a teabag) has stuff in it that will fester and rot and grow bacteria when sitting in water at room temperature. If it was a couple of days, I wouldn't worry about it, but a month? That's really gross, I would definitely not drink that. Doesn't matter if you cover it or not, there is already air in there. And even if you didn't leave the teabag in, it WAS in there. Even a tiny bit of something that contained bacteria or microbes left in the water will cause it to multiply is given air and water. Unless you pumped all of the air out with a vacuum and replaced it with inert gas before you put the lid on, there is air in there.

If you got sick the first time, it was probably because opiates can cause pretty bad nausea when you take too much, and when you take too much it's also not really euphoric, either... it mostly feels unpleasant. If you have drank it recently and gotten sick, it might literally also be getting you sick, from nasty stuff that grew in it.
Thank you. We posted at the same time. The tea bag was just for a few minutes in seeping. I added the h to the tea. But you are correct, it did get air and I did not extract the air. I just did a knee jerk to save the substance by putting it in an airtight dry dark place. I guess my best bet is to just let dump it.

And I only drank it fresh that night, not since.

Since then I ate it - put it on my finger and then on my tongue. Got very sick again. Then I tried snorting it and got really sick again. I only take a pinhead amount.

Alright so here’s the deal from my perspective. Your heroin/fentanyl is likely just fine if it sat at room temperature in a sterile and/or distilled water solution. Tap water could add impurities which microbial life could grown on.

Something like a poppy tea, yea definitely would want to toss that as there is many things to feed microbial life. With heroin and water there’s really nothing for microbes to live on.

If there was some microbes growing in there, boiling will kill them. Then evaporate water and redissolve the product in minimal water as mycotoxins (the part that is left behind which gets you sick) are poorly soluble in water.

Once again though I think this would be overkill. Has the look of the solution changed in any way?

-GC

Yeah, I’m an idiot. I just went to check the solution and I left the cap off from a few days ago - and there are floaters - what I imagine are bacteria. Ugh. Stupid me. When I checked the solution a few days ago it seemed okay - smelled like the delicious tea I made and the color was good but there was sentiment in the bottom.

Of course the water was boiled in a kettle. Is that considered distilled water or is distilled water something I need to purchase separately? I don’t know what poppy tea is. I used a simple boiled water, tea bag, raw/brown and added a significant amount of product. I want to get the most from my product without IV use.

I’m not clear how to boil out impurities and be confident I have a good pure product that will not get me sick

Yea I wouldn’t use that. Distilled water you can buy at the store, boiling in a kettle isn’t considered a distillation. Leaving the top off screwed you most likely as particles from the air can land in there and give something to grow on. Toss it and call it a loss.

-GC

Water sits on shelves worldwide at room temp. It’s virtually indestructible. Where’s this bacteria coming from. Also, to check sources, an admin said it loses very little potency over weeks?

I’m not looking to be confrontational. Just looking for answers. I just want to determine if I can use what I have/not waste it and what exactly I’m dealing with. Thanks again!
The water in store shelves was bottled in a sterile environment.

If you open a bottle...take one sip from your bacteria full mouth and put back on shelf, water will be rotten in a week or two.

The water in store shelves was bottled in a sterile environment.

If you open a bottle...take one sip from your bacteria full mouth and put back on shelf, water will be rotten in a week or two.

True, but just don’t drink from your distilled water that you use for other purposes. I never do. I guess it’s best not to drink distilled anyways for health reasons.

Honestly I don’t believe it though, I hate to admit it but just due to my lifestyle in the past I’ve drank water that’s sat for weeks, sometimes months that I’ve drank on in the past. Ive left open cups of water sit for weeks then drank off them, disgusting I know. Never seen any mircobial growth or gotten sick from it. I’m not suggesting it, but I think people assume water will go bad lot quicker than it does.

On the flip side, I’ve had a poppy tea solution mold in less than 24hrs. There’s something for it to actually grow on in there.

-GC