• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Does Grapefruit juice potentiate 1st gen Antihistamines (DPH)?

sadmachine

Bluelighter
I'd like to potentiate my oxycodone with a small (25mg) dose of Benadryl syrup (diphenhydramine + Ammonium Chloride) later on today.

I had a tall glass of white GFJ with breakfast and I just wanted to check that the GFJ is not going to boost the Diphenhydramine into wild territory, surprisingly couldn't find much info on google/bluelight search about this. When it comes to DPH I'd like to be as careful as possible as even higher non-trip level doses (75-100mg) sometimes gives me unwanted side effects.

In my experience, a moderate dose of DPH or other !st gen is not going to rocket you into delirium, if taken as opiate potentiators. It is possible to go to far trying to screw the most out of a limited supply of actual narcotic: grapefruit juice, antihistamine, small hit of DXM...what else...whatever benzos you can get hold of, a can of 10% lager, and a joint... Of course, I kid...sightly...but you should be fine, unless you have serious liver issues in which case why are you drinking grapefruit juice?

Last edited:
Yes though there are different stains

You need to inhibit 2D. 800mg cimetidine would be better...

What you are doing is crazy though

Tripping on classical antihistamines is miserable.
Whatever, good luck

I’m doing the opposite of encouraging deliria just sharing my experience of trying to potentiate opioids. Any kind of delirium is by definition terrifying and usually only occurs if one is poisoned, withdrawing, or in some other health crisis. Unfortunately DPH is ‘popular’ to have its own subreddit. If all drugs were regulated like alcohol people wouldn’t have to have recourse to such lethal compounds to alter their consciousness.

I'm not sure if you've misread something but no one in this thread is talking about taking high doses of antihistamines or the intention of dosing so high as to trip on them. Just checking that GFJ doesn't potentiate DPH to avoid having a regular dose be exacerbated, which it didn't in the end. So to anyone finding this in the future, 25mg DPH + GFJ didn't make the DPH go wild but overall it didn't really add to the high of my oxy either aside from eliminating nausea.
What you are doing is crazy though

Tripping on classical antihistamines is miserable.
Whatever, good luck
Oh and cimetidine isn't available in my country