• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does food affect how you experience Ecstasy (MDMA)?

t32nite

Greenlighter
Does eating affect the way ecstasy hits you at all?
Out of all my experiences, I usually drop on an empty stomach.
I'm planning on popping at prom, and my date is totally cool with it.
But here's the problem, dinner. The dinner is provided with the prom, and the tickets were $75 each.
would it be better to pop the pill before or after eating?
If possible, please state the pros and cons for both sides of the situation. Thank you.

I've heard conflicting reports regarding this issue...

I personally find dropping on an empty stomach to be better.
I find if I have recently ate, I don't roll nearly as hard and depending on what I ate sometimes increased nausea.
I have never ate after Popping my pill as I find mdma tends to suppress appetite.

Everytime I had done ecstasy after eating I have gotten nausea, but I would not want to eat after so if you feel the need to do ecstasy you should take it after dinner, but try to wait for your food to digest some.

Last edited:
I agree with pallidPsyche. Wait for your food to digest a bit (maybe 30 - 60 mins) before dropping.

I think it works pretty well actually - the food in your stomach means for a slower, smoother onset, it's not as intense but lasts a little longer which would be good in your situation.

I find it also makes coming down a bit easier too.

Edit: I've never really had nausea when dropping after dinner.

And welcome to Bluelight!

it really depends on how big the meal is. if its just a light snack i think it is perfect because it doesnt take too long to kick in and my stomach doesnt get upset like it does sometimes when i drop on an empty stomach. if the meal is big then it will just take longer to hit but thats about it. i dont feel diminished effects

Say the event starts at 9pm, I try to eat a nice big lunch at noon then a snack at 4/5pm, leaving my stomach empty enough for a good roll, full enough that I don't get nauseated on hunger alone, but also so I'm not starving by morning. In your case, since you're being served dinner, I'd eat a small portion. Enough to satisfy but not fill. Then drop about 30-45mins later.

I always dropped on an empty stomach for years and years because i understood it was important.

Last year I was in a position to use but hadnt planned it and as such i had just had a huge meal. Much to my shock and amazement i had one of the best rolls ever, far exceeding anything from the previous few years.

My thoughts are that, yes it may be theoretically best to eat on an empty stomach but in reality...........for me at least...........old wives tale.

I think always dropping on a empty stomach is kind of overrated. For me personally I have a retarted metabolism and eat probaly about 4000 calories a day and still don't weight much. As my stomach is used to being constatly stuffed with food if I forgo food for more than a hour before hand about halfway into my roll my stomach starts to bubble up as if it was still expecting a huge meal to comedown at any time, which usually ends up with me feeling sick and way gassy. Plus my roll is a little bit less fun if I haven't eaten anything in a while because I start to have energy problems.

I like eating a big meal earlier in the day than have a small meal right before rolling ( at least something like an apple at minimum, usually a little more). It still kicks in about the same speed except my stomach is calmer and I don't feel the need to have to eat bread or crackers to appease my stomach 3 hours into my roll. Plus I got a little more energy for my roll from the food which is good because I don't take caffiene or sugar while rolling( Bipolar and the caff/sugar make me crash a little bit while rolling dosen't ruin it but takes some of the fun out) and I like clean pills which provide pretty much nill energy boost.

Eat? No way

It may be an "old wives tale," but my experience is I need an empty stomach to start out, if I want a good rush in the come-up. Otherwise, nausea is a major problem. I cut off eating at least 2 or 3 hours before dropping, and make that last late lunch be something light, something like a turkey sandwich or a chicken salad, nothing greasy. Don't overeat, either.

As for eating DURING a roll, I just can't imagine it. The thought of trying to chew something dry like bread or crackers just seems impossible.

Your body has lots of reserves and can keep you going for a long time without eating. Most of this "i really need to eat" is socially created, habits, etc. On E night, you definitely want less, or at least I do.

I have to say dropping on an empty stomach always made the peak hit harder, the times I ate before made the peak weaker but it lasted a little longer and sleep was way easier after...

I agree popping a molly on a empty stomach helps, I had a decent of food last night and rolled face after and it a long time for it to hit me, after a few .5s I was like whoa after a hour or so, I'm eating a light lunch now and I'm going to grab another one later.

For me, taking MDMA on empty stomach = very nauseous roll
I prefer to drop on full or semi full stomach (I don't eat right before, but typically eat 1-3 hours before dropping. Also try to eat a good amount during the day, so that I have enough energy to go on). Never noticed any change in effect - other than the one involving nausea - the intensity of the roll is the same no matter if I've had full or empty stomach.

I second dropping on an empty stomach equals very nauseous come up. Just try to wait like 1-2 hours after eating if possible as the food will at least be kinda digested 3-4 hours before being optimal.

for me an empty gas tank is my choice. i usually wait 3 hours after eating for best results sometimes 2 hours if its a light meal. something i wonder is if your stomach is full or even bloated not from food but maybe just carbonated beverages like soda, if it effects the way food solids do.

a few guidelines

-dont overeat like at an all you can eat buffet and stuff yourself full (save eating big for he next day, as eating a lot increases serotonin, helps feel better)
- eat what you normally eat a couple meals before, I like to eat at least two meals before rolling, as it gives me energy
-If I eat onetime that day , my energy levels diminish and I feel like a crackhead so i find food helping keep me more calm and relaxed, feeling better, just not overdoing the food

I recently had a pizza before taking a few dabs.... dabbed some more nothing happened,, few cans of non alco beer, nothing happened.

dabbed more, still nothing.

finally drank a few real beers still nothing.

then wham 5 hours into this I can't remember the night ended and i couldn't walk or stand.

Next time i'm not eating anything before trying this MDMA stuff. I'm in my 40s btw but am a newby to drugs. (apart from alcohol)

seems to be quite individual

for me i find my mood on stims is better if i have eaten but also i can eat when high anything i like

last time i ate a full meatball pasta meal so your millage might vary

for me if i have no food flowing through me i feel burnt out and friend, the food mops up all tha bad side effects. nausea seems to be batch dependent for me. some bacthes are cleaner and more pure and less shitty feelings etc

certain batches have side effects and clean mdma has almost none so i think its the batch and dont sm0oke cigarettes cos they are fucking nauseating

since i dont smoke in last 15 years i never get nausea generally on booze or mdma or anything really

I recently had a pizza before taking a few dabs.... dabbed some more nothing happened,, few cans of non alco beer, nothing happened.

dabbed more, still nothing.

finally drank a few real beers still nothing.

then wham 5 hours into this I can't remember the night ended and i couldn't walk or stand.

Next time i'm not eating anything before trying this MDMA stuff. I'm in my 40s btw but am a newby to drugs. (apart from alcohol)

You shouldn’t “dab” as that’s a really ineffective way to do it, part of the reason you didn’t feel anything until way later.

Food can also negate a roll, especially a pizza. In fact the only roll I can think of where I dulled a roll with food, I also ate a pizza right before.

This is what I tell people if you’re going to roll that night, eat a big breakfast, a normal lunch, and a light snack a couple hours before. I might also eat a couple bites of something light like corn chips when I dose just to ease my stomach a bit when it hits.

But back to the dabbing method, worse possible way to use MDMA. Weigh out 120mg and 50mg. Take the 120 then the 50mg 90min later like clockwork. If it’s quality MDMA you will have quite the enjoyable ride.

-GC