• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does eating while high on an edible make you more high?

Meow1243

Bluelighter
About a week ago my brother gave me some of an edible that he had gotten from a friend. It was a green hornet sativa gummy, I took 1/4 of the gummy which was the recommended dosage.
- one hour after ingestion and I am starting to feel the effects
- one and a half hours after ingestion and I feel that I have reached the peak of my high, I am feeling some mild anxiety/paranoia but am able to stay calm and rememind myself that I am just high.
- two hours after ingestion and all anxiety/paranoia is gone
- four hours after ingestion and I have began to sober up considerably, but am still noticeably high. I have the munchies so I decide to eat half a sub.
- four and a half hours after ingestion and I am incredibly high, higher than I was at the peak of my experience. My heart is pounding, my body is shaking, and my legs are twitching. At this point I am not able to get a grip on things, my anxiety and paranoia is ridiculous, i have to keep reminding myself that it is impossible to die from cannabis. I take some melatonin and fall asleep at some point.
This was my first experience with edibles and although the beggining was pretty enjoyable the way that things ended makes me never want to do them again. I'm pretty confused as to why out of nowhere I had gotten so high. Whenever I had eaten while high in the past it had sobered me up. Judging by the chronology of events I suspect that eating something played a roll in me getting so high, is this possible?

Eating that edible played a roll haha. But it was your first time seems normal. When I eat the edibles I get, I act funny stupid for 3 hours.

edibles can have an unusual onset, it can ramp up for almost 4 hours at times, i feel like it was simply coincidental.

zomg it's Tryptamino! Funny you should show in such a topic, although I agree it was probably coincidental, there was a study that demonstrated edible THC caused increase in the activity of the liver enzyme responsible for tryptophan metabolism which may increase the serotonergic effects, especially if consuming foods rich in tryptophan (e.g. cheese and turkey, two common ingredients in subs).

I'll never understand how making your stomach full can diminish you guyses highs.

A full stomach is so much better than an empty one.... especially on weed.

As far as I know, eating after you took the edible probably isn't going to do a thing... but eating beforehand will allow for a slower digestion of the edible, meaning a longer duration of effects. I don't think it'd up the intensity of the high, though, but that's just a fairly uneducated opinion.

I'll never understand how making your stomach full can diminish you guyses highs.

A full stomach is so much better than an empty one.... especially on weed.
I agree that having a full stomach while smoking is more enjoyable, but probably for different reasons than you. I usually only smoke just a bit because if I get "too high" I get anxiety and paranoia. If I do get too high I just end up eating something and I feel better. Also if iirc smoking raises your metabolism and if I haven't had anything to eat after a smoke session I get shakey and feel weak.

Thanks for the replies guys, if I do ever have an edible again I will be very careful, lol.