• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does Dollar General drug test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

420praiseit

Greenlighter
I'm trying to find a job and Dollar General seems promising but I need to know if they do pre employment drug tests.

Last edited:
No idea, I wouldn't sweat it, that kind of job is a dime a dozen (at least where I'm at.) And they'll pay you shit.

The last few jobs I've had never drug tested before or during employment though.

Praise the sun.

Drug testing discussion is iffy, though, and against the rules I believe. You might have better luck finding this information elsewhere.

I would be highly surprised if you had to pass a drug test to work at the dollar store

Been with the company a year, no tests as of yet and was not given one for pre-employment. Hope this helps.

Been with the company a year, no tests as of yet and was not given one for pre-employment. Hope this helps.

But they do reserve the right to test their employees.

Says so at the end of the application, if I recall correctly-- at least for several Maryland locations.

I've also heard a horror story or two from ex-Dollar General employees in my area. My take on that, though, is that it has to do with a particular store manager and not the company itself.

Shit, though, apply anyways. If a drug test comes up, see how you do. There's really no consequence to failing a pre-employment drug screen other than not getting the job you were looking for and tarnishing future applications for whichever company spent the money to find out you're a stoner.

If you are unemployed, I would err on the side of caution and make sure you can pass a pre employment test. no point in potentially missing out on a job over puffing. Unless of course you are medically prescribed or are using it for some other reason other than just having fun.

hope you got some useful responses OP. Welcome to BL, and be sure to read forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.