• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

does does coke and/or xanax negate the high of mdma?

Cdilly93

Bluelighter
Hey all, I was planning on not doing any mdma for 6 months (was 3 months in at this time) I did a bunch of coke, and then about 2mg xanax to comedown, got stupid and railed a lot of mdma, a total of like .5gs of good mdma, and to my surprise it did absolutley nothing for a high whatsoever, just some huge ass pupils lol. So I ended up just going to sleep literally after my last line of mdma and just woke up now (5 hours later) and feel totally fine.. so a couple questions, first why is the fact I felt nothing? And also since I felt nothing, should I count this as a use, and restart my tolerance break as day 1?

I've known people to say that coke kind of cleans up the MDMA high, but personally I don't notice much of a difference; same with xanax, which I've used extensively with empathogens. Other people say it dulls the high, but personally I don't find that at all.

Personally half a gram of MDMA will have me completely floored, no matter how much cocaine or xanax I take. Maybe less so when I was taking that much on a regular basis.

Question 1: I don't know. Are you on medication, or do you have a tolerance? Are you certain about the content/purity?
Question 2: If you have some kind of dosing regime I doubt that this means you can exclude it because your body thinks it doesn't count. A half g is a hefty dose - maybe it means you should cut down?

I've known people to say that coke kind of cleans up the MDMA high, but personally I don't notice much of a difference; same with xanax, which I've used extensively with empathogens. Other people say it dulls the high, but personally I don't find that at all.

Personally half a gram of MDMA will have me completely floored, no matter how much cocaine or xanax I take. Maybe less so when I was taking that much on a regular basis.

Question 1: I don't know. Are you on medication, or do you have a tolerance? Are you certain about the content/purity?
Question 2: If you have some kind of dosing regime I doubt that this means you can exclude it because your body thinks it doesn't count. A half g is a hefty dose - maybe it means you should cut down?
No I'm not on any medication and yes I'm 100% sure about the quality, it was good tested mdma that I snorted (only was about .3gs total) but I took a purple tomorrowland pill orally on top of that (which is known to be very potent 200-250mg) I also don't use too frequently, last time was New Years and I took .2 and rolled quite hard. So I'm very confused why I Felt absolutely nothing, nor do I have the next day blues like I normally do when I roll.

ive read on this board that there is a pharmacological basis for cocaine stopping mdma from working. Have also given mdma to two different crack users and they felt nothing from 150mg of fire mdma

I guess everyone is different. The general consensus coke and MDMA are not the best combination. From past experiences any coke taken within two hours prior to MD consumption ruins the experience stripping it of its empathetic quality. Too much push pull of an ego centric drug against an empathogen.

Benzo and combination. Firstly take care; clearly you did something which is outside your normal behaviour. You didn't intend to take another substance or so much of it. The HR message here is not why didn't I feel anything it's why did I feel the need to take 500 mg of MD after what sounds like an enjoyable experience taking cocaine.

Likely the Xanax you took and the timing of it; effect of combining an egotistical drug and a drug which reduces your ability to think clearly and logically, even when you believe so. Benzo and coke can be dangerous due to compulsion to redose / carry on on. Benzo on a comedown is a fine line of when to take. To early can indeed lead to poor decisions being made.

As already suggested coke and MDMA reduces effect of MDMA. Benzo / Xanax with any drug like MDMA will reduce the effect. The main drug given to someone having a bad trip is Diazepam. It's fairly pointless and a waste of money to mix MDMA or coke with Xanax Imho. You just wasted 0.5 of MDMA. Save Xanax for the actual comedown or save it for another day when your stressed and looking for some inner peace. Goes well with weed.

Personally I see anyone who wishes to mix Xanax during up or peak on empaths, psyches or stim as un educated or unable to tolerate doses others find ok. I tried it once a long time ago. Dropped 300 ug of LSD, 300 mg of MD and 3 mg of Etizolam. Friends said I appeared pretty normal and actually felt it. No hallucinations no real rush etc. Two days later I had to stop myself from reaching for more etizolam as it seemed like I missed all the good bits but still ended up with Tuesday Blue.

Last edited:
Coke acts on the dopamine receptors but not quite in the same way as speed.
Speed in small quantities seems to complement the mdma high, but will overwhelm it in larger quantities.
Coke kills the mdma high for some reason.
I wonder if OP feels so great two days after the massive blowout?

Coke definitely spoils the mdma high for me. Only use it when coming down, same for benzos

Ive noticed weak cut shit doesnt really effect the roll but man tried some fire blow a couple hours before my roll and it made the come up suck. i was all jittery for a couple hours. then after i came down like 7 hours after my last drop, drank a lil and did a lil bump of the same fire and it threw me into another hour of feeling shitty. That combo Never works out good for me. Benzos on the other hand, smooth it out for me.

Benzos have completely killed a roll for me before. In the case that it did, I had taken about 2mg diazepam about 18 hours prior to dropping the MDMA. Hadn't rolled in months before that and felt almost nothing. It was very high quality that I had used before and the only new variable was the benzo. Since it's got a long half life that's probably why it killed it the next day.

From my understanding, the pharmacological basis for coke stopping the MDMA high is due to the idea of how they both interact with serotonin receptors/channels. Simply put:

MDMA reverses the action of Serotonin Re-uptake channels on the pre-synaptic membrane, this causes serotonin to flood the synapse leading to greater serotonin binding on the post-synaptic membrane.

Coke acts as a Re-uptake channel blocker, this causes serotonin to build up in the synapse as it is released but can't be taken back up into the pre-synaptic neuron.

As you can see taking both will lead to decreased MDMA effects due to coke blocking the channel. This is a relatively simple explanation but I can try and simplify things further if people would like.