• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Does DMT cause any "rushing"?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
DMT is one of those drugs that keeps getting notoriety for its introspection.

And I've yet to try it mostly cause it's so expensive (to buy, not per dose).

Having tried LSD however I was remarkably underwhelmed by it's lack of associated euphoria.
I found it not dissimilar to ketamine except without the anesthesia in terms of headspace.

In fact I was so disappointed with the lack of euphoria I additionally took some MDMA with it to make it feel a little better.

Is DMT similar in that it's exclusively this dissociative head trip, no real positive mood lift and "rushing" type good feeling like with amphetamines or MDMA?

And I've yet to try it mostly cause it's so expensive (to buy, not per dose).

Having tried LSD however I was remarkably underwhelmed by it's lack of associated euphoria.
I found it not dissimilar to ketamine except without the anesthesia in terms of headspace.

In fact I was so disappointed with the lack of euphoria I additionally took some MDMA with it to make it feel a little better.

Is DMT similar in that it's exclusively this dissociative head trip, no real positive mood lift and "rushing" type good feeling like with amphetamines or MDMA?
Just out of curiosity how much more does DMT cost? Maybe you can use a comparison rather than giving numbers.

1 gram of dmt is "one large", minus one of the zeros at the end.

At least that's what I'm seeing.

But you could get about 40 or so "breakthroughs" from that apparently.

I wouldn't define it as introspective at all. It takes you out of your body into another dimension (it's not like a disso at all either). You're often too busy being flabbergasted by your newfound location to do any real introspection. It doesn't change your consciousness much so introspection would technically be possible I suppose, but I never found time for that in the 40 or so times I've used DMT. Introspection, if anything, comes at the comedown or after the experience.

It happens so quickly you really don't have time to think about much other than just soaking in the experience. It's like a flash... 15 minutes goes by very quickly while you're in DMT land.

To me, LSD is by far the most euphoric psychedelic (not counting phenethylamines). However it's not a forced euphoria like other drugs such as MDMA.

To me the stimulation and experience itself is moderately euphoric, but again, in it's own way.

DMT is not going to be euphoric in the way you speak of either. It certainly has a massive rushing feeling, but it's often more scary than anything even for the experienced users like me. It's something I never really got used to even after smoking DMT dozens of times.

DMT is very unique, very powerful and you're going to have a hard time comparing it to any other drug.

I will say this: it's not RECREATIONAL. You don't do DMT to get high. You do it to have an incredibly intense trip to connect with the universe. It's not a drug you do to feel good or have casual fun, man. I certainly do recommend you try it, though. Just don't go in with any expectations because it will blow them away immediately.

There is about a 0% chance when you do DMT that you won't be terrified for at least a portion of the trip, usually the intense come up. It's very fucking intense shit man.

1 gram is approximately 15 breakthrough doses for the average person. For me, it's about 65-80mg for a breakthrough dose.

Also I highly encourage you to just make your own DMT, you can get 3 grams for cheaper than buying 1 off the dark net. It's extremely easy to make your own highly pure DMT from common easy to source ingredients, assuming you can source the plant material (which also typically is not difficult).

It's much more rewarding to make and smoke your own DMT, plus you KNOW it's pure and uncut.

Last edited:
^^ What's the plant material called?
There are dozens of plants that contain DMT, chances are you live in an area where you could find some in nature - probably an Acacia genus.

Mimosa Hostilis is what I used, has the highest DMT content of any plant close to 2% and is likely the easiest to work with/extract.

Check your local laws before you import anything, some of these plants are illegal to possess or import in various countries.

Last edited:

Are you fucking kidding me?!? Make it yourself man! One time and you’re set.

I’ve seen too many times a g going for a g and it makes me cry. Especially when it practically goes for free around here.

-GC

I’ve seen too many times a g going for a g and it makes me cry. Especially when it practically goes for free around here.
Yup, insanity to me. I used to bring a gram to parties and just give that shit away for fun.

It's actually ridiculously cheap to make in large quantities but I don't advise anyone do that for obvious reasons. Even in the US, it's borderline legal but you can still be charged with manufacturing if the DEA snoops up your ass.

Are you fucking kidding me?!? Make it yourself man! One time and you’re set.

-GC

Really?

Make it oneself?

Are we allowed to link youtube vids here, in the name of harm reduction? (reducing the harm to the contents of my wallet).

Check the different DMT containing plants (Google's your friend) for legality and select one which is legal, should be pretty cheap even when importing, but might be difficult finding a good shop though. Here in MX they sell in kilos for cheap, guess many of these shop would also export if asked because it's unregulated here - guess as long as not extracted, that's why 5-MeO-DMT is used by some overpriced detox clinics.

Extraction is actually simple, never did it myself but a friend told me she made it in the kitchen, and reading through these 'tek's suggests the same.

Really?

Make it oneself?

Are we allowed to link youtube vids here, in the name of harm reduction? (reducing the harm to the contents of my wallet).

We can talk DMT extraction all day long on here since it’s a purification of a drug that already exists, drug synthesis/creation talk isn’t allowed. I may bring some links back in a bit.

-GC

I sourced everything I needed to make very pure white fluffy DMT crystals within 5 miles of me in the US, I even bought Mimosa from a headshop (but that probably wont be available to you). Home Depot and WalMart... common household devices and chemicals.

It's so easy it's almost like the universe WANTS us to make it...

DMT is cheap as fuck honestly. One gram will get you a bajillion doses. Whether it's powder, vape juice, or changa (changa won't go as far quantity wise, but it lasts much longer). If you ever get changa, just remember that it's an MAOI and reacts weirdly with different things.

And yeah, there is definitely a rushing sensation. It can be fairly euphoric. It's like being blasted out of a cannon. I can't really think of a more forceful drug honestly. Pretty amazing, interesting stuff for sure. The hype surrounding it is justified imo.

I went to the drive-thru at Taco Bell and asked for extra taco sauce and you have to because they're only giving you Max 2 and I need like 7. Per taco

When I got home and unpacked somehow I got a chunk of DMT

Smoked DMT is an overwhelmingly intense rush, the most crazy rush I can imagine. It's not like the rush of hard drugs though, it's more like "WHOA I'm crystallizing and maybe dying ohmygodohmygodohmygod" and then you're in hyperspace.

We don't really talk about drug prices here. You can extract DMT for very cheap though

Oral DMT is very euphoric and does have a rush - im usually up dancing. Most friendly drug Ive tried too.