• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Does decreasing and switching SSRI give you Serotonin syndrome?

U

Unregistered419

I've been slowly cutting back my lexapro and am on 10mg after originally taking 20mg for a few months. I am switching to zoloft and will start at 25mg for one week and then increase the dose to 50mg. Am I at risk for Serotonin syndrome by doing this?

another question here regarding those infamous SSRIs and their counter parts in europe, the tricyclics. does mixing prozac with tricyclic antidepressant a good idea? i want to use one for the day and the other for the night as usually tricyclics help me sleep much much better than SSRIs, so whats the chance of a bad interaction?

I would consult your Doctor about this, naturally. But anecdotally I know a girl who takes Desvenlafaxine during the day and Amitriptyline at night. Not sure if other SSRI/SNRI-TCA combos would be dangerous but this one certainly appears to be okay.

uhm i usually get much much better medical advice on forums than any doctor can give me. all doctors ive met in my life, about 100, were tools. they are never certain and claim if any problems, go to the ER, LOL!! parasites.... worst scum of society, after lawyers, judges, cops etc.