• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does Cutting Concerta in half make it Instant Release????

Yes it does but since it's in a really dense, plastic like form it will still dissolve slower than a regular IR methylphenidate tablet. You might want to smash it in pieces with a hammer. That will help with it's absorption.

FYI the yellow/white part contains all the methylphenidate and grey part can be tossed in the bin. The outer coating of the tab also contains IR methylphenidate so don't waste it.

Yes it does but since it's in a really dense, plastic like form it will still dissolve slower than a regular IR methylphenidate tablet. You might want to smash it in pieces with a hammer. That will help with it's absorption.

FYI the yellow/white part contains all the methylphenidate and grey part can be tossed in the bin. The outer coating of the tab also contains IR methylphenidate so don't waste it.
kk thanks! :)

ay btw, i chewed 5 18mg tabs of Concerta and lemme say. IT WORKS HOLY FUCK LOL. shit kicked my ass man

I am currently on 36 mg Concerta, yesterday, I took 1 at 2pm and waited 1 hour and got nothing, I took another one and waited another 2 more hours and still nothing... I then dissected one, I took off the otter coating and discarded, smh cause later i find out that part has the first 22-25% of the medication in it, lol. I snorted the white part and just ate the pink and brown part.
anyways, after that i think I got some rush from it but was a bit in an ok mood once I got home from work, better then my normal mood I would say...

Do you think it was from the snorting the white part?

I went to sleep pretty late like 4am and woke up at 6am, not cause of the concerta, but I was up doing stuff,, sleepy as hell but stayed up anyways.

So with only 2 hours of sleep I was hoping that the concerta would help me today., I woke up at 6am and took a concerta and sucked the outter lining off of it until the white liner was off and only the 3 shade color pill was showing with the second waxy liner still in tact but you could see the white pink a brown parts and I swallowed that whole... again waited a few hours and nothing...

then I went to dissect another pill again this time I saved and put the white outter part I peeled off under my tonged and let it dissolve under there. and I crushed up the pink AND white parts this time and snorted those together. (both times I snorted concerta it make my nose runny for a good half hour) but I feel it better I think I feel kinda like a rush. I feel a little euphoric and more talkative, definitely not as tired as someone would be with only 2 hours of sleep.

My question is what does the brown stuff have? does it have any of the methylphenidate in it should I swallow that as well or try to snort it too.?, I've read to discard that since that is just the filler to make the medicine go into the body in a 12 hour period. How does this pill work, I mean how does it Time Release it into our bodies? How does does. Conserta Time Release system work? How much
does the brown stuff fill up with stomach acid/fluid and push the medicine out of that "laser cut hole"? How much methylphenidate is released every hour or so? I guess if its 36mg and is 12hr period minus 20-20% of the medicine being in the IR outside film which is about 7.2mg-9mg? that leaves about 27mg-29mg left for that 12/hr period which would only be about 2.25mg-2.42mg/hour?? Is that right??

For IR should I just take what color parts? White, Pink, and discard the larger brownish side which is about half the pill., a quarter is white and about 35% is the pink stuff. 20% white stuff, 35% pink and about 45% brownish stuff...

I have not tried to crush up the white and pink and swallowing that,
only think I did yesterday was snorted the white stuff and swallowed the pink and brown stuff.

today I snorted the pink and white and still have a brown stuff sitting in a small baggy.