• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Cold Water Extract Morphine Better than Warm Water? (PST)

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
When I usually make my poppy seed tea I just use room temperature water from a gallon jug you buy at a grocery store. Anyone who's made PST and let it sit for just a few minutes notices there's some kind of brown "debris" at the bottom of the cup. I just made some using water from my fridge and there is a metric fuck-ton of that debris (probably three to four times as much as normal). I don't know what that debris is, cause when I google it all I get is talking about the plant matter debris when trying to find good seeds. It hasn't kicked in yet so I guess I'll wait to find out.

So,
1. Is using cold water better than room temp?
2. What the fuck is that brownish debris anyway?

Thanks fellas; stay safe,
-MF4M

With PST, it doesnt really matter what temperature the water is, as long as its not hot. Too hot of water will damage the substances you want (aka morphine and codeine)

The debris could be one of two things...either its plant debris/latex from the outer shell of the seeds, or its pestisides that are still on the seeds. Most likely the first one, but some bad seeds do have pestisides

I'm pretty sure I get the same seeds almost everyone else on this forum gets from our favorite online vendor. (That isn't giving away anything so please don't come after me MODS).

I'm beyond couch locked. It took me ten minutes of squinty eyes to type that first sentence and when I'm sober I type about 110-125 words per minute.

Case closed. From now on I'm using some mothafucken ICE CODL WATER!!!! loooool

If you can strain out the sediment and dry it out, it has a pleasant opium-like aroma when burned. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think it is anything to worry about.

(That isn't giving away anything so please don't come after me MODS).

༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ i see you.

aha kidding, and the temp doesn't have to be exactly icewater but anything warmer than room-temp will begin to interact with some of the compounds that you'd really rather be left alone. i tend to find that icewater gives me a better brew but, eh, sometimes i cba.
and all that debris was probs just dirt.

So then how come the vendor online has a shit ton more sediment or whatever the fuck it is compared to the bulk food section at my local grocer?? That's mainly why I'm curious I guess. I have seemed to notice the more sediment, the stronger the seeds. Maybe since there's more sediment that means it hasn't been tampered with as much like heating it to kill the mrphine and such?

So then how come the vendor online has a shit ton more sediment or whatever the fuck it is compared to the bulk food section at my local grocer?? That's mainly why I'm curious I guess. I have seemed to notice the more sediment, the stronger the seeds. Maybe since there's more sediment that means it hasn't been tampered with as much like heating it to kill the mrphine and such?

yup ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽more sediment means it hasn't been washed or treated so, ergo, more latex