• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Does Carisoprodol (Soma) affect Benzo tolerance?

pally pete

Bluelighter
As the title suggests.

Both working on GabaA - I've always wondered if Benzodiazepines/Carisoprodol have an effect on tolerance levels of either substance?

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps to some degree, but it is quite an incomplete cross tolerance. I would say having a heavy carisoprodol habit would make you more tolerant to benzos then the reverse. Some of the mechanisms don't overlap much, such as carisoprodol's pronounced adenosinergic properties (essential it does the opposite of caffeine). I think benzos are also adenosinergic to a degree but perhaps carisoprodol's effect in this regard comes from the much higher doses consumed.

Perhaps to some degree, but it is quite an incomplete cross tolerance. I would say having a heavy carisoprodol habit would make you more tolerant to benzos then the reverse. Some of the mechanisms don't overlap much, such as carisoprodol's pronounced adenosinergic properties (essential it does the opposite of caffeine). I think benzos are also adenosinergic to a degree but perhaps carisoprodol's effect in this regard comes from the much higher doses consumed.
Thanks.

Similar view to what I held on the matter. I have a high Benzo tolerance, but no Carisoprodol tolerance. So in theory the Carisoprodol should work on me just fine.