• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does cannabis ruin or help opiate high?i

ThatGuy767

Greenlighter
I am about to take oxy on a combo of opiate potentiators and was curious if this will make the high better or worse. I dont have a long window but this thread will atleast be good for everyone's research in the future if no one gets to me. In my experiences so far it has seemed to boost it. But I'm not very experienced. I'm sure indica is the best for it.

It's a very personal thing, I think a lot of people would say that the cannabis would overpower the opioid buzz and you would just feel stoned + more fucked up rather than being able to fully experience and be aware of the opioid.

I agree with this to a degree, despite media representation of opioids as the most hardcore drugs out there, they are actually quite subtle (unless you take a very large amount). Often times a person high on opioids would be far harder to identify than someone stoned on buds and certainly alcohol.

For me if I really wanted to feel said opioids I would either not use any cannabis or preferably take a low dose (where you can only just feel it) of oral cannabis as for me I find it less likely to overpower the opioid if used orally (of course high oral doses of weed will overpower practically anything).

Smoking weed sort of ruins it, especially at high doses. Might be a decent combo for pain though.

Last edited:
If you want to get fucked up, weed does that in combination with opiates. If you want to experience that beautiful warmness and the feeling of being content then weed shouldn't be consumed.
For me it ruins it because I think that when combined, the high is more like a heavy dose of indica strain weed instead of opiates.
Finally, I agree with negrogesic about it being an effective combo for pain relief.

For me, the combination accentuated the nod considerably, but reduced the opiate euphoria. If you like the functionality that opiates afford, then forget it.

Great for sleep though...

A little bit definitely helps (the same way a cigarette does, but moreso) but if you smoke too much it'll overpower the high and you don't want that.

honestly this is a good question, it depends on the person really, i used to REQUIRE a good hit of hash before i took my morphine because i crush em up and they hit me like a freight train and the hash helped me ease into the morphines effects, but nowadays i don't smoke all that often unless its coke =p

Cannabis and opiates go together like salt on french fries. (for me that is!)

I like smoking hash with opiates. But for me hash has a slightly different high from herb anyways, it's more body oriented than psychedelic, so it complements the opiate high pretty nicely. I do agree with the person that said it can overpower the opiate high if you do too much. It may also have something to do with the fact my opiate of choice is opium, and it tends to hit me harder because a) I don't have much of a opiate tolerance these days and b) smoking opiates tends to come on pretty fast.

Intensify how I got addicted to opiates if I'm withdrawal it amplifies that tho

Like stated above it increases the amount I nod but slightly decreases the amount of euphoria I experience. But I also am a IV heroin user so I'm not sure if that has a role or not.

When I was shooting dope I found weed kill the euphoria of it. I would get sleepy but ruined my high

I personally love both together! Where my oxymorphone dulls the pain, adding some good weed takes it to the next level. I like to describe it like this - the opiates dulls the pain (that message to the brain) the weed says, Hey, I can't hear you Mr. Pain, I'm too busy with a party, so go away! I absolutely do not like to smoke without my pain meds in me.

For me the narcotic aspect of the cannabis synergizes with the narcotic effect of opiates (traditional). It can get nice and relaxing.