• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does Cannabis prevent MDMA neurotoxicity?

mb-909

Bluelighter
First of all it hasn't been proven that MDMA is neurotoxic. We just assume it is. After reading some studies I noticed that there seems to be some evidence that some cannabiodes protect the 5HT receptors from oxidative stress. On the other side it was injected in high doses most of the time, so it is questionable if it protects you by smoking it. Anybody has some more information about it?

P.S.: I never smoked or am going to smoke for the next couple years. I just want to understand what protects you against neurotoxicity.

First of all it hasn't been proven that MDMA is neurotoxic..

Sure it has. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20420572
Whether this is a real concern in normal use, less likely. But there's no doubt that MDMA is neurotoxic.

We just assume it is. After reading some studies I noticed that there seems to be some evidence that some cannabiodes protect the 5HT receptors from oxidative stress. On the other side it was injected in high doses most of the time, so it is questionable if it protects you by smoking it. Anybody has some more information about it?

Can't say I've seen this data, so I couldn't comment. I will mention, though, that I don't see a mechanism by which cannabinoids are going to protect against hyperthermia. Oxidation is only one type of damage.

I just want to understand what protects you against neurotoxicity.

Umm... using drugs like a responsible person?

Honestly, MDMA is a very safe drug when it's not abused, and a very unsafe drug when it is. Just don't abuse it.

I think ecstasy is really dangerous if abused. Personally I think I already did some damage even though it is not noticeble now (abusing it the first 7 times in a time span of 3 and a half months). But if I understand what is protected and how it is, I can understand the function of MDMA and how interacts in the body. I don't want to prevent toxicity, because I am already done with MDMA ^^. The side effects are not worth the risk of trying again.