• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Baclofen reverse amphet psychosis?

Harmreduxadvocate

Greenlighter
I've noticed that while taking Baclofen, adds are useless. I found **some** literature and case studies. Very few though. Was curious regarding 1st hand experience.

If you are asking if the baclofen interferes with your Adderall then you have possibly answered your own question. I don't know - I've never used either of them at the same time.

But would baclofen 'reverse' a stimulant induced psychosis? Again - no 1st hand experience of this in particular, but I have made a lot of individual observations of the use of baclofen, various stimulants and psychosis. I cannot see how baclofen would help in this situation, usually the best way to 'reverse' a drug induced psychosis is too... stop using the drug that triggered it, and if it doesn't simply run it's course quickly or safely enough then I would say that an antipsychotic / benzodiazepine combination would help put it to bed, as is the general standard procedure in medical rapid tranquillisation from a psychosis of any origin.

I'm in a similar position as Stee. I've really never heard and don't think there's any solid evidence to suggest that Baclofen would be an effective treatment for Amphetamine Psychosis. That doesn't mean it won't have any effect on your situation at all, of course it will, but will these effects be significant and positive enough to warrant the drugs future use for this purpose, I don't think so. Baclofen is similar in some ways to the Gabapentinoids, but in my opinion it's not nearly as useful as said drugs.

The best drugs for reducing Amphetamine Psychosis are probably going to be the antipsychotics. It's common to administer a Benzodiazepine followed by a drug like Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) or Haloperidol (Haldol). If you're by yourself and not looking to seek medical attention, then taking a dose of a Benzodiazepine would probably be helpful to get you to sleep, which is ultimately the factor contributing the most to your psychosis.