• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

does anyone use a "air purifier" to keep dust off their stuff?

GGooDD

Bluelighter
hello, like many of you, i enjoy smoking my concoctions in the privacy of my own place. I find that i pretty much only smoke in my living room, sometimes washroom. (hot box). my livivng room is constantly dusty (as it is constantly smoky) i was wondering would a air purifier help with some of this lingering dust which i assume is a direct result of me smoking. thanks!

An air purifier will most definitely help as long as you remember to clean out the filter/screen as often as necessary. Personally, I've found the best way to eject dust out of a room is to hook up a window-fan and turn it on so that air is being pushed out of the room instead of into it. As I clean off dusty surfaces it seems like a good amount (I want to say a majority but who the fuck can tell with dust) of dust gets sucked from one end of the room through the window fan on the other end.

Really, though, the best way to keep shit dustless is to clean often. :\

a good air purifier (probably around $300) will definitely make the air in a small space more breathable, but i don't think it will do enough for your dust problem to be considered a solution. as Jibult said, ventilation and cleaning are going to be a lot more effective.

ahh yea, ventilation's fine and all, have ya seen -50C for 3 months straight? :\

ahh yea, ventilation's fine and all, have ya seen -50C for 3 months straight? :\

You don't even need an air purifier, a simple fan with a decent filter will do as much as the most expensive purifier.

Your room is dusty because your smoking weed in it instead of cleaning it...

no its dusty because there is one room that i specifically smoke in, hang out with the bros, and this room is forced to deal with 30+ bong rips any given day. dust is expected.
do you dust everyday? didnt think so, i dont want to either.

Probably cheaper to wipe things down with static sheets daily than to replace a HEPA filter every two weeks