• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Does anyone live in a haunted house or was a paranormal investigator?

kvsouth69

Bluelighter
I actually used to be a paranormal investigator (won't do it again), but I've always had questions for those who really do it. And I'm curious if anyone lives in a haunted house, how do you do it? Are they friendly? Malevolent? Do you even sleep? Were you able to come to a 'compromise' with the entities?

I don't live in one but the most convincing and puzzling experience I ever had was when I was cat sitting (going over twice a day for a few days) for someone, with my ex-wife, while he was out of town. He told us going in that the house is haunted, and if that was okay. I was really curious and said yes. Activity was constantly happening every minute that I was there, every time, all noise-related. When you walked in the front door, immediately it sounded like a group of people were softly conversing and eating a meal in the kitchen (which was down the hall out of sight from the entry/living room)... clinking silverware, muffled voices, chairs pushing out and footsteps, etc. At first we thought maybe someone was home after all, but when we walked down the hall and got to a certain point close to the kitchen, it would stop utterly and instantly. If you stepped back farther away, you could hear it again. And of course, no one was in the kitchen.

There would also be heavy footsteps upstairs when you were downstairs, and downstairs when you were upstairs. In the room across from the room the cat was in, the door was closed and you would hear footsteps and a muffled voice. We knocked and then opened the door, and no one was there either. The whole thing was actually not creepy feeling. The only room that felt creepy was the one the cat was in. The bathroom in there had a horrible feeling to it. Oddly, I didn't experience anything strange in that room but it seemed negative to me.

It was just this constant thing, all the time, like residual energy or something. Really cool and thought-provoking experience.

I was a skeptic. Then I lived in a house in syracuse and I would hear people going up and down the stairs at around 3-4am.

The reason I know this is real and not just imagined is; I had gone pittsburgh for a weekend and my roomate (that had the downstairs bedroom) did not know I had left. I came back on sunday night and he asked me why I was running up and down the steps. I told him I had left to go to pittsburgh for the weekend. Pretty creepy.