• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Does anyone know anything about those new tryptamine-nbomes?

JCRG

Greenlighter
Maybe they will be better than the phenethylamine-nbomes that everyone loves/hates.

they were already investigated by nutt et al, weren't they?

I haven't found any research comparing N-benzyl analogues of tryptamines to actual psychedelics. Is there any? Compared with serotonin they're weak partial agonists at best. Anyway, NBOMe-2C-X's interact differently with 5-HT2A receptors than LSD does (N-(2-methoxybenzyl) doesn't interact with the same residue as the amide in LSD does) even though they overlap nicely, it's doubtful N-benzyl of N-benzyltryptamines could interact in the same way LSD does too. Finally, phenethylamines and tryptamines can't be easily overlaid to derive a common SAR. Thus it doesn't seem N-benzyltryptamines could be potent psychedelics. By the way, secondary amine tryptamines aren't so worthy as psychedelics as tertiary amine tryptamines are regardless of their affinity at 5-HT2A receptors.

Man, I would really love to learn what makes a molecule more functional instead of more affine at the 5-ht2a receptor

Man, I would really love to learn what makes a molecule more functional instead of more affine at the 5-ht2a receptor

Then pick up an Org/Med Chem textbook.
It's fascinating.