• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Does anyone know anything about this one: O-Benzyl Psilocin CAS 28383-23-5 ?

Quimchin

Greenlighter
I have been offered this: O-Benzyl Psilocin CAS 28383-23-5. I have never heard of it and ask if what anyone knows about it, particularly how does it compare with psilocybin family or 4 ACO DMT CAS 92292-84-7 .

no but I would think it would be much like 4 ACO DMT to be honest.

I don think changing the acid moiety on the phenol makes as much difference as the chains on the amine.

no but I would think it would be much like 4 ACO DMT to be honest.

I don think changing the acid moiety on the phenol makes as much difference as the chains on the amine.
Hi, Lonely. I am kind of hoping the same thing, but other tryptamines with the same chain are not all psycho active. I will try it.

really I would have thought the benzyl ester would crack in the body.

please let me know what happens I am very interested in this.

I wonder if it does not crack if a time release oral situation would fix this so that it hits the stomach acid before absorption.

@Quimchin

hmm that does not sound good for it then as 4-Acetoxy-DET is active.

so if the benzoyl derivative is not then I would think benzoyl psilocin would not be too.

bummer what a great idea.

still thanks

Tl is 800 euro a Kg.

its active.

" 1-Benzylpsilocin and psilocin benzoate, for example, have 10 and 18%, respectively, of the antagonistic potency of LSD.”

and paper

way cool.

and the best thing is you could benzoylate extract with chlorinated bitter almond :)

there is hint on wiki that they are not cracking and they are not pro drugs at all both acyl and benzoyl I would think looking at this.

its always good to see two things match from two sources and two different time periods.

this looks very strong so dont be dropping 10mg more like 1mg to begin with and then build up from there.

Last edited:
I have been offered this: O-Benzyl Psilocin CAS 28383-23-5. I have never heard of it and ask if what anyone knows about it, particularly how does it compare with psilocybin family or 4 ACO DMT CAS 92292-84-7 .
If there is any way to break the O benzoyl or 4 ACO into psilocybin, could you point me to it?
I will test the O benzyl (if I do finally get it) and report back here. It will be couple of months as comes from China.

The advice on dropping no more than 10 mg, I find strange. My usual dose for 4 ACO is 80 mg and when I really want to travel, 120. My students do 40 mg. (We are a school of mysticism.)

im not talking about this anymore it looks good.

I want a trip report please.

remember that it could be sub milligram and be safe.

go forth and multiply :)

your doing gods work.

I guess that is unfair this if what they say is quite the find and I feel I owe you more for it.

to remove the benzoyl moeity you will have to reduce it off.

normally done with PGM cat and hydrogen so not a walk in the park.

in some cases CTH will work for debenzylation but not always and I have not worked out the bond strengths on this.

now there saying 18% LSD strength.

if it is what they say it is .........

weapons grade possibility so start low using dilution via solution.

of course back then they were all trying there hardest to beat hoffmans efforts of a 100 ug compound so the dosage could be exaggerated.

but just for my satisfaction please no more than 1 or 2 mg max on first go then go up by 500 ug to 1 mg a go.

It may be that its not as strong as they say but we just had a kid in here going 60 trips fryed em.

if this is a 800ug normal equiv to 100ug of acid then if you drop 20mg you will be starting to get to finger print territory which is totally unsafe.

if it isnt what they say it is you have not hurt your self and continue the trial.

anyway no chemical synthesis on this forum so this is the end of my discussion on it as that is all I can give within the rules really.

except maybe psilocin is the product of debenzylation not psilocybin as there is no phosphorous on the product.

Last edited:
OD -----> PD since this is about a psychedelic substance.

O-Benzyl Psilocin CAS 28383-23-5
This one should be inactive by itself... and not a prodrug for psilocin.

its active.

" 1-Benzylpsilocin
Unfortunately, this somewhat obscure reference is for the N-benzyl psilocin, whereas OP has been offered O-benzyl psilocin. There is no reason to assume that they have similar activities.

to remove the benzoyl moeity you will have to reduce it off.
No, a "benzoyl moeity" is removed by hydrolysis, just like the acetate or phosphate group of psilocybin and 4-AcO-DMT, these are potential pro-drugs for psilocin.

But that is not what you have here... O-benzyl is an ether.

And you are absolutely right that the O-benzyl psilocin can be hydrogenated in almost quantitative yields to give pure psilocin. In the hands of someone "skilled in the art", with the help of some palladium catalyst and a ballon of hydrogen gas, this material can be easily converted into psilocin.

Cool but they have two compounds listed not
Just the benzyl check the second

They even give a picture of it.

your right I messed up on the hydrolisis

but psilocin benzoate ?

Last edited:
but psilocin benzoate ?
I would be surpsised if this rather bulky ester can still fit nicely into the 5-HT2A receptor...

But as an ester the psilocin benzoate could hydroliyze and serve as a prodrug for psilocin... delayed action.

On the plus side, protecting the free hydroxy as an O-benzoate should lower the tendency to deteriorate via oxidation.

I have not tried it but the paper says 18% of the strength of LSD.

for the ester not the ether that is something I had no idea about.

Last edited:
how does it compare with
Quimchin, I said that... .
This one should be inactive by itself...
I have to admit that I was wrong, sorry. I found that the 4-O-Bn-DMT ether displays h5-HT2A agonist effects comparable to psilocin as reported by Kargbo 2021; DOI: 10.1021/acsmedchemlett.1c00467

The data are for a deuterium labelled isotopomer, but that should not make too much of a difference (as supported by the fact that the corresponding deuterated psilocin analog is also active).

To me that sounds like an interesting compound – hope I did not discourage you from exploring some promising material.