• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates Does anyone know a good way to use concentrates like live resin/shatter in a Volcano Vaporizer effectively?

Echotango

Bluelighter
I've heard of people using pieces of tea bags/coffee filters to use for preventing the shatter/live resin from turning to more of a fluid and falling through the screen. I have tried it but I worry I may be slightly burning the coffee/tea filter bags?

The official Volcano Mesh piece for extract and waxes and liquids doesn't work at all it just melts into it and gets stuck in it and won't vaporize it. The mesh screen that comes with it doesn't even work well with the E-Liquids or Hash it was intended for lol.

So it seems like you have rosin on deck.

I'm curious why you seem so determined to avoid dabbing in an effort to try alternative methods?

I understood cooking with it.... that makes sense and I still feel bad that you had a bunk run. But surely, if you're at your wits end I just can't fathom why you'd purchase a volcano vape instead of a dab rig.

I mean..... maybe you already had the Volcano lying around? I can't call it....

Does sandwiching not work?

OP may not have tried this.

For clarification, you mean extract "sandwiched" between two layers of flower, yeah?

Shoot, that works wonders in a bubbler but I'm not sure what difference it would make in a vape. OP! Thoughts?

OP may not have tried this.

For clarification, you mean extract "sandwiched" between two layers of flower, yeah?

Shoot, that works wonders in a bubbler but I'm not sure what difference it would make in a vape. OP! Thoughts?
yep that's what I meant. Thank you for clarifying for me. Its worked OK for every dry herb vape I've owned. I still prefer using a wax pen or rig for concentrates though because it keeps the gunk in one place.

yep that's what I meant. Thank you for clarifying for me. Its worked OK for every dry herb vape I've owned. I still prefer using a wax pen or rig for concentrates though because it keeps the gunk in one place.

And it's also worked for me in a PAX3! I've never tried it in my Mighty but I have a strong suspicion it would work equally as well, because my Mighty is like my PAX on steroids and with a windtunnel to inhale through instead of a straw.

Fuckin' love my Mighty, yall. go 'head and hop on the wagon, it's expensive but worth every cent.

My biggest concern with this is putting too much extract in with the flower, resulting in a dripping goo through the various screens and onto the heating element.

All you need's a little finesse, though. Some trial and error and a little finesse, everything'll work out....

And it's also worked for me in a PAX3! I've never tried it in my Mighty but I have a strong suspicion it would work equally as well, because my Mighty is like my PAX on steroids and with a windtunnel to inhale through instead of a straw.

Fuckin' love my Mighty, yall. go 'head and hop on the wagon, it's expensive but worth every cent.
I want one so bad lol.

I'm big on dynavap. I just love them. It's a metal tube that will outlive me. Civilization can crumble and I'll still be able to vape from a campfire.

I also really like the Brilliant Cut Grinder for the same reason. High quality metal build that just works. I can grind stems in this thing if I want to... like, just stems. It eats through flower like butter and never gets clogged or stuck, somehow.

Are brilliant cut grinders legit?

Like.... are they actually an easier grind?

I've never heard of them before this thread. I've just been using run-of-the-mill grinders off the internet or straight out of gas stations my whole life and.... honestly? That thing doesn't look much different, lol

Are they really better? I'm legitimately asking, dude, because they have a pretty catchy name and depending on your answer here that company is probably about to catch a sale.

Are brilliant cut grinders legit?

Like.... are they actually an easier grind?

I've never heard of them before this thread. I've just been using run-of-the-mill grinders off the internet or straight out of gas stations my whole life.

Are they really better? I'm legitimately asking, dude, because depending on your answer here that company is probably about to catch a sale.
I promise you, you will not be disappointed with the quality. Read any review anywhere online lol. Everybody loves these things. They are pricy and at first I was like "Seriously? This much for a grinder?" but after owning one for about two years I do not regret my purchase at all. It's a significant upgrade from those gas station grinders. Everyone I've let use it is blown away by how nice it is compared to $20 grinders.

I know it sounds like bullshit but its just really well engineered. The magnet lock eliminates issues with threading (terrible for grinders!) and the teeth just shred shred shred. It pushes everything to the bottom effectively and almost seems to clean itself in the process? I usually give it a smack afterwards for the little bits. There is a thin layer of gunk leftover, because weed is of course sticky, but it never really builds up. I have literally never cleaned mine or had it get stuck and I use about a half to a full oz per month. Two years.

I like to watch Troy and Jerry Think Dank on Youtube (they do vape gear reviews) and they call it the best grinder in the world.

I do not own a volcano but i do own a mighty im not sure if you can use dosing capsules in the Volcano?
but i do sometimes vape isolates or hash in my mighty and what i do is i take a piece of organic hemp rolling paper, tear off a small square and i line the bottom of a dosing capsule. This acts like a barrier and stops shit oozing into my mighty

Of course I already had the volcano and sandwiching doesn't work as well as you'd expect it seems like the weed insulates it from the heat a bit and it won't fully vaporize. I don't know what you mean by dabbing exactly either?

I don't know what you mean by dabbing exactly either?

(this dude talks WAY MORE in-depth than i feel is necessary, but you might find it all interesting. He doesn't actually take a hit until about 8-9min into the video but he does talk his ass off leading up to that)

It's the primary method for using these crazy extracts. I honestly assumed you were aware of the usual way to smoke and wanted an alternative edible for some reason.

But dude, jesus christ. Live rosin + dab rig = a really good time. I also remember you reporting your edibles didn't go well. It's pretty much impossible for that to happen with dabs, but if you use a torch recklessly there's a good chance to set your couch on fire or something.

....I gotta stop assuming shit in these threads, man, damn....

Last edited:
Well I tried sandwiching it between some herb in my Volcano and the effects were not very noticeable so I think it was just weak stuff as I got it from a very good source but that being said... I was wondering about if it's practical to make this Live resin so that I can put it in a vape cartridge and vape it that way for convenience?

I don't know how I'd even begin to do it, do people use the same stuff they would mix nicotine with in a vape cartridge or I would think not?

I bought Volcano dosing capsules at the time I picked up the Volcano. I use a booger size piece of wax/budder/rosin and plac eit on either a wax pad or cotton ball piece, shove it in the capsule and then that inside of the Volcano. But the dosing capsules work better with crumbly/dry sift hash.

Tom

Not really the fix you're looking for, I understand, but if you'd like to try dabbing without the biggish investment of a good dab rig, I get pretty great results dabbing my rosin with a glass nectar collector and a small refillable butane torch, both of which can be purchased for around 20 dollars total. Fancy is nice, but all you HAVE to have is an airway and heat. 😉

You can just purchase a liquid drip pad set, they're specifically made for using concentrates with your volcano, created and sold by the same company that made the volcano. They're designed for the exact purpose that you're asking about.

EDIT: Noticed you said that doesnt work.. Im assuming you're using the single pad that came with your volcano? I had similar issues.
Buy a set, place 2 (or 3, depending on the consistency of your concentrates) into the chamber, add the concentrate, then place an additional pad on top.. Then prepare to get blasted away ;)
Works like a charm.

Last edited:
I've used live resin and budder/wax in the Volcano. Maybe distillate as well. I used the pad the came with the Volcano Hybrid in the standard easy chamber (??). Preheating helps. But yeah, I did find that I had to run at a high temperature to get significant vapour/effect so ----> harsh.

I have had very good effect with dry sift hash/crumbly/kief in the little dosing capsules that come with the dosing set

I use mostly flower at 370F +/-, the legal hashes at 400-420F and pretty every other concentrate at 450F. Have not tried using the whip; bag only.

Tom