• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does anyone here have any experience with MDA?

MDMA or MDA

• Total voters
Ended up going with 110 mg MDMA (80% purity) and 1/4 of the MDA pill. Will update....
(updated to fix dosage, which I mistyped originally).

Last edited:
MDA is not that much more significantly neurotoxic than MDMA. If you're using it responsibly than it's not a problem. If you're not using MDA responsibly than it wouldn't make the slightest difference if you decided to use MDMA instead irresponsibly.

Everyone acts like MDA is more dangerous is a significant way. I can't think of an analogy or metaphor or whatever to compare with what I mean.

The biggest factor is that MDA is more potent per weight (MG Per MG) compared to MDMA on top of that... people seem to have widely different reactions to the exact same dose affecting each person stronger or weaker than the other.

Last edited:
All that combo seemed to do for me was create a lot more nausea and vomiting. I can't say that I really noticed the MDA effects much, but I did not feel the urge to re-dose as quickly, which definitely prolonged the experience. Since the MDA was not doing much for me overall, I just re-dosed with MDMA. I think my MDA pills may be much lower in mg dosage than I expected. But good grief, I was vomiting a lot on the comedown, and I usually don't ever vomit.

Dang sorry to hear that. Did you fast at all beforehand or was it after eating?

How was the overall roll? Better than usual, or still meh?

You know, I am really re-evaluating that today. My first impression was that it did not make much of a difference to add the MDA, just seemed like a slightly more awake and alert version of meh. Now that I reflect back though, I am not sure that was the case. The nausea/vomiting was a negative, but I had a great time. It lasted a good long while, and today I have a great afterglow. The sex was great, and I definitely accessed some deep levels of intimacy with my man. So...maybe I'll give it another try in the future. I'm curious how the next few days will go.

The nausea/vomiting was a negative, but I had a great time. It lasted a good long while, and today I have a great afterglow.

Despite the vomiting, the rest sounds promising. Congrats!
Were you using known mehmdma? And adding the bit of MDA was the new variable?

Despite the vomiting, the rest sounds promising. Congrats!
Were you using known mehmdma? And adding the bit of MDA was the new variable?

Yes. This was MehDMA I had used twice before and had tested through International Energy Control as 80% MDMA. The only new variable was the MDA. I have my detailed notes upstairs, but I took the first dose at 10:50 pm, and was still rolling somewhat at 5 am as I was getting ready for bed. After the vomiting, I crashed hard and slept without issue.

That sounds great. I'm happy for you that you were able to get a decent roll :)
Are you able to stock up on the MDA for the future?

That sounds great. I'm happy for you that you were able to get a decent roll :)
Are you able to stock up on the MDA for the future?

I have a decent amount. I only used 1/4 of a pill, and I have 9 pills. That will last a long while. I have some other crystal that I suspect is MDA as well, but it smells super sassy and probably needs an acetone wash/re-crystallization. I need to send that stuff in to a lab to make sure it is MDA before I eat it though.

Cool. MDA itself is a great substance. MDA was one of the first drugs that I took as a teen (early-mid 70's) and used it many times before even encountering MDMA.

Cool. MDA itself is a great substance. MDA was one of the first drugs that I took as a teen (early-mid 70's) and used it many times before even encountering MDMA.

Yeah, I love MDA by itself. Some of my most memorable rolls were with pills that were MDA. Always liked that heavier rush on the come-up.

Yeah, I love MDA by itself. Some of my most memorable rolls were with pills that were MDA. Always liked that heavier rush on the come-up.

Yes a fantastic rush and the subsequent trippy euphoria. Like everything you focus on is moving and alive.

Oh hey so you got to eat some old 70s “Love Drug” MDA huh? Did you live in the US during that time? If yes got a couple of questions for ya :)

IMO guys true “ecstasy” is MDMA/MDA at about a 4:1 or 3:1 ratio. This is how all the best pills are formulated and growing up these were the pills we ate around my area that were just the most wonderful times.

MDA is a tad more unpredictable, I’ve had I think two puking session experiences like you Indigo, a couple duds, but for the most part pure beauty.

Just like MDMA, purity matters and impure “sass” can be underwhelming and lacking in the euphoria department.

I’m actually low on it myself currently, I had a batch of really pure stuff for years but finally ate the rest last fall. Soon as I get to a festival I’m all eyes n ears..

-GC

@G_Chem will it work to purify it with acetone & re-crystalize w/ IPA?

I've thought a lot about the best pills I ever had. The very, very best were never sent in for testing, and I never saw them on the Drugs Data site. Some that were awesome were tested as either MDMA or MDA. I don't think I ever sent one in that came back as a mix between the two. However, if nobody is sending in their favorite pills, how would anyone know what they contained?

I had these, which were great: https://www.drugsdata.org/view.php?id=869
and these: https://www.drugsdata.org/view.php?id=1264

Oh hey so you got to eat some old 70s “Love Drug” MDA huh? Did you live in the US during that time? If yes got a couple of questions for ya :)

No, I live in Canada. If I recall correctly from 40+ years ago (lol) and being drug naive at the time, I would say it felt less lovey and more energetic and visual than MDMA. Very euphoric!

Edit: On second thought, maybe it was quite lovey. I do remember 'falling in love' with inanimate objects around me. I remember being totally enthralled with the carpet as it seemed alive and moving like worms lol.

Last edited:
No, I live in Canada. If I recall correctly from 40+ years ago (lol) and being drug naive at the time, I would say it felt less lovey and more energetic and visual than MDMA. Very euphoric!

Edit: On second thought, maybe it was quite lovey. I do remember 'falling in love' with inanimate objects around me. I remember being totally enthralled with the carpet as it seemed alive and moving like worms lol.
That sounds fun!

I never took MDA or MDMA as when I was into drugs I was much more into LSD, mushrooms, Dexedrine, marijuana/hashish, alcohol, nitrous oxide, and low doses of pharmaceutical opiates.

A friend took MDA and MDMA three times at the most, never abusing them obviously and taking them years apart and said the drugs made her suicidal the next day after taking them every single time. :(

Another friend took MDA a lot at discos in the 1970s and 1980s, and said he got burnt out on the drug and MDMA he took once or twice and said it was different but similar to MDA.