• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does anyone have this backhanded taste/smell thing happening when you take opiates? Vicodin & Percocet to be exact.

bediphrent

Bluelighter
like, for the longest time, whenever I take a good amount, I always get this "smell" that comes from the inside almost like a taste too, but mostly a smell.. its hard to explain, anyone else??????

not when I have the pills in my mouth,.. im talking about like 30 or whTEVER so minutes later when they finally hit me..

Can't say I have smelled something similar while high of opiates/opioids. The smell while withdrawing though... my god. Disgusting.

like, for the longest time, whenever I take a good amount, I always get this "smell" that comes from the inside almost like a taste too, but mostly a smell.. its hard to explain, anyone else??????

not when I have the pills in my mouth,.. im talking about like 30 or whTEVER so minutes later when they finally hit me..

Yep, actually it's the acetaminophen, I get it from plain Tylenol, too. It's a taste/smell, mostly taste, that hits me for a brief time when they kick in. It has nothing to do with the opioid portion of it. It's a smell/taste that seems to center behind the nose, as best as I can describe it. I notice it every single time and it's quite distinctive. I thought it was from vicodin specifically for a while but plain Tylenol does it, too.

Moving this to BDD as it is not a trip report.

Last edited:
I now associated the taste of acetaminophen with the opiate high because norco was my most frequently used opiate. But I don't think i've ever had a distinct smell or taste that comes with the opiate high.

like you can taste/smell it inside your body?

that happens with a lot of drugs to me
YES !!!!!! like this cloudy, kind of.. maybe acetaminophen taste? but its not when theyre on my tongue... I cant even explain it lmfao. even when I was 15-16 I used to react the same way.. weird..

Yep, actually it's the acetaminophen, I get it from plain Tylenol, too. It's a taste/smell, mostly taste, that hits me for a brief time when they kick in. It has nothing to do with the opioid portion of it. It's a smell/taste that seems to center behind the nose, as best as I can describe it. I notice it every single time and it's quite distinctive. I thought it was from vicodin specifically for a while but plain Tylenol does it, too.

Moving this to BDD as it is not a trip report.
omg, THIS!!!!! this is exactly it then... never figured it out for years... until after posting this is started pondering the idea of it being Tylenol.. lol. "smell/taste that seems to center behind the nose" LITERALLY 10000000000% exactly on point. nailed it. I notice it every single time as well.

never took Tylenol outside of opiates, so maybe thats why I was also a little more naive. but thank you for this, I dont think im crazy anymore. haha :]

YES !!!!!! like this cloudy, kind of.. maybe acetaminophen taste? but its not when theyre on my tongue... I cant even explain it lmfao. even when I was 15-16 I used to react the same way.. weird..

yep... like when you eat something toxic... beyond the taste and the headache you can FEEL and TASTE it within your body.

most drugs do that to me... I can feel can taste cocaine going up my nose.... but a few minutes later I will have that taste and sensation all through my body...

Your body has more sense of a taste than what goes into your mouth and nose.. for sure