Does anyone have persisting earworms as part of their symptoms?

Yes! I hate this. Currently I have the fresh prince song from the Arby's commercial stuck in my head. I used to get those car lot or title loan jingles stuck.

It's pretty bothersome to me because it can keep me awake but other than that I used to find it entertaining. I lost the use of my hands for some time and I began to play music in my head more and more to make up for it, but purposefully playing music in the head turned out to be a really bad idea lol.

As far as mindfulness, I think the end goal of mindfulness is to maintain a mindfulness mindset everywhere you go. So in other words, your efforts to stay in the present moment shouldn't stop after a concentrated mindfulness session ends. I think the real benefits are supposed to be from applying what you learn in those concentrated sessions throughout the day.

On that note I'll say that mindfulness has taken a long time for me to learn, more than a year later and I still have so much room to grow.

I find mindfulness to be very hard as well. It's a bit scary that being in the present moment is so hard. That as humans we have shifted to living completely in our minds. This used to not be the case when I was a child. You lived out your imagination in real life. Now it feels like we live life in our imagination.